Chapter 1 - Weird guy

Wriothesley's POV

 Bang!

 The door of the Phantom's main base was finally knocked open.

 After years and years of investigation, we had finally found the headquarters of this mysterious group.

 While many called the Phantom a cartel or the mafia, the law enforcement all knew it wasn't as such.

 The Phantom was so much more than that.

 They had their hands in just about any and every successful business in not just the city but the whole country.

 While they were suspected of illegal activities as well, nothing had been proven as of yet.

 Not until now that is.

 Not only did we have proof that one of their high-ranking members had killed a man under their leader's orders, but we also found out the location of their base.

 As such, our team was ordered to go raid the place.

 Clorinde and I were up front as we quickly proceeded through the building.

 the place was empty. Eerily so.

 Not a single soul was to be found.

 We slowed down as we made our way to the last room. We were told it was similar to a bar, but you could never fully trust an informant.

 I silently counted back from five before kicking in the door.

 The informant had been right. This place was similar to a bar. No, a club more like it.

 It was empty too.

 Empty, safe for a single person.

 "You-"

 I froze from shock as I laid eyes on the person who was supposed to be the head of the Phantom.

 A man, eternally beautiful.

 His long white hair shone even in the dim light of the room and his neat suit crumpled slightly as he turned to face us.

 He swirled around the remainder of the wine in his glass once before downing it in one go. He placed the glass down and looked at us.

 No.

 He looked at me.

 "Will you believe me if I tell you I've been framed?" Neuvillette asked calmly as ever.

 Neuvillette.

 The very same Neuvillette I had talked out to dinner just the night before.

 The same Neuvillette who helps me take care of my little girl every weekend.

 Neuvillette, whom I'd confessed my love to not long ago.

 "You-"

 Neuvillette, you-

 "Why are you...?"

-

Four months ago

Sigh...

 "So I really have to?"

 "Yes, of course you do, Wriothesley."

 "But you know how much I hate being a witness! Can't someone else do it?"

 "You were in charge of the operation so you will have to sit through the trial."

 "And whose fault is it that I was in charge?" I grumbled, looking at my boss.