Chapter 22 - Shopping gone wrong

Wriothesley's POV

 In the end, Sigewinne's request to go to the store was unfortunately accepted.

 Neuvillette even offered to drive us to a large supermarket close by as he also had some groceries to do.

 This offer, I managed to decline.

 The least I could do was drive.

 While the two took their sweet time getting ready, I ate the breakfast Neuvillette had apparently left out for me. Sigewinne just failed to inform me about it in her note.

 Breakfast was surprising, considering he told me Sigewinne ate the same thing.

 She usually refuses to eat anything that does not have an unhealthy amount of added sugar in the morning, but what I found on the table was a plate of cutely cut fruit and a sandwich.

 Does Nuevillette have superpowers or something?

 I want to know how he managed to convince Sigewinne to eat this.

 By the time I finished eating, the two were done dressing up.

 Oh, and they went all out for sure.

 Sigewinne was wearing a cute red dress with white dots. There was a black ribbon around her waist tied beautifully. She also had on a pair of stretchy black pants that I reckon Neuvillette forced her to wear because it was cold outside.

 I can imagine her whining about how the pants wouldn't fit with a dress like this even though it looked perfectly fine.

 She looked all dolled up and ready for a celebration, severely overdressed for going to the grocery store.

 But I'm not gonna be the idiot to tell her that. I know better than to shoot myself in the foot.

 As for Neuvillette...

 Damn!

 Neuvillette in anything but his usual suits is bad for my heart.

 What is this?

 Some childish crush?

 What am I? Twelve?

 Get yourself together, Wriothesley.

 Neuvillette too was wearing a black pair of pants, coupled with a grey turtleneck and a long beige coat.

 In one hand he had his cane while in the other he was holding a small white jacket that was probably for Sigewinne.

 "Look, Dad! Aren't I super pretty?" Sigewinne hopped over brimming with excitement.

 "You're always pretty, princess."

 "But aren't I extra pretty today?"

 "Of course. Of course, you are." I nodded as I petted her head.

 She grinned before grabbing my hand to pull me along.

 "Let's go already!"

 You say that like it was me getting dressed for over half an hour.

 I was dragged all the way to the front door and got my jacket tossed at me.

 Fortunately for me, Neuvillette calmed her down enough that he managed to get her shoes and jacket on while I put on mine.

 I had to hold her by the shoulders as Neuvillette put on his own shoes lest she ran out the door.

 "Can we go now?"