Chapter 12 - Assistance required

Wriothesley's POV

 I grabbed bags of clothes as I got out of the car.

 I will have to ask those two what these two bags are about.

 As for my old clothes...

 Some of them should still be usable. 

 Alhaitham got out as well, leaning against the car.

 I thought he would go inside to look for Neuvillette, but he made no move in that direction.

 "No guns inside the school." He clarified, most likely noticing my questioning glance.

 It was only then that I was reminded of the gun hidden beneath his jacket.

 "I will tell him that you're at the main gate."

 "That would be great. Thank you." He nodded.

 We said our goodbyes and I went inside.

 I opted for going to the dean's office first and that seemed to be the right decision.

 Sigewinne, Neuvillette, and Ms. Nahida were sitting around the small coffee table at the center of the room playing Monopoly.

 From what I could see, Neuvillette was surprisingly losing. Losing incredibly miserably even.

 Somehow, you wouldn't expect someone like him to lose such games.

 It was his turn and he rolled an eight, landing on a railroad.

 "That one... Nothing happens, right? Isn't that one yours, mister?" Sigewinne asked.

 "Mine? You must be mistaken, Sigewinne. Look at the name, that one is clearly yours." Neuvillette shook his head.

 While Sigewinne was leaning over to take a closer look at the name, I noticed a small movement of Neuvillette's hand.

 He swiftly swiped the card for the station in question from his own pile and with a single stealthy movement added it to Sigewinne's.

 By the time Sigewinne figured the name out, the card had already been planted.

 "Oh! you are right, mister! How did I not notice? Then you have to pay me..."

 "$200." Neuvillette said, handing her the last of his money.

 ...

 He wasn't simply losing.

 He was cheating to lose.

 He probably wanted an out from this unending game.

 Sure enough...

 "It appears that might be the end for me. All my properties are mortgaged, after all. Mr. Wriothesley has arrived as well so it might be a good time to end our game." He said.

 It was only now that Sigewinne took note of my presence.

 "Dad!"

 She jumped off the couch and ran into my arms asking to be picked up.

 "How about I carry you next time, princess? Dad is really tired today."

 And I hit my shoulder as well. Something I prefer she didn't find out.

 She pouted for a moment but that pout soon disappeared as she looked at me up and down.

 A satisfied smirk surfaced on her lips as she turned back to look at Neuvillette.

 "See mister? I told you the jacket would be nice."

 ...

 "Sigewinne-"