Chapter 20 - A pair of geniuses

Wriothesley's POV

 I woke up late.

 Like, very late.

 When I finally opened my eyes and looked at the clock on the nightstand I was shocked to see 12:08 on the display.

 I sat up immediately, not all too surprised to see Sigewinne gone, but still very much worried.

 That was until I saw a piece of paper on the nightstand.

 Good Morning Dad!

 I went to play with the pretty mister!

 We're upstairs!

 Go to the last room on the second floor and climb into the closet!

 Sigewinne.

 ???

 Climb into the closet?

 While it didn't sound weird I followed the instructions and went up to the second floor and into the last room.

It was something akin to a children's playroom.

 A soft carpet covered the whole floor and along the wall were shelves full of everything from board games to toys for infants.

 I quickly found the only closet in the room and opened the doors.

 ...

 A secret room.

 Of course, there would be a secret room.

 At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me Neuvillette had a helicopter on the roof.

 The back of the closet was pushed to the side, revealing a small set of stairs leading upwards.

 I went up the stairs and pushed up a latch to reveal a gigantic bright open space.

 ...

 I'm just gonna go back to sleep now.

 What the hell is this house?!

 It looked like this space was a combination of the third floor and the attic.

 There were large windows on the tilted roof allowing for a lot of light to shine in, the floor was covered with a soft mat and there was...

 There was just a lot.

 I could see a swing a trampoline...

 I'm pretty sure there is a ball pit in that far corner.

 I must be sleeping still.

 This has to be a dream.

 I felt somewhat overwhelmed as I climbed the last few stairs and finally stood on the mat.

 I quickly spotted the two of them.

 They were sitting on a blanket that was spread out on the floor.

 Well, Sigewinne was sitting. Neuvillette was shockingly enough, lying on his stomach.

 Yeah.

 I must be dreaming.

 As I got closer to the two, I was slowly able to make out what they were doing.

 "Qui peut dire ou reside le charme d'un pays? Qui trouvera ce quelque chose d'intime et d'insaisissable que rien n'exprime dans les langues humaines?"

 "You can't be serious!" Sigewinne grumbled, looking at Neuvillette dumbfounded.

 "You were the one who asked me to dictate for you."