Chapter 64 - A lazy morning

Wriothesley's POV

 I fell asleep too at some point.

 While the situation that led to this wasn't the best one, waking up with Neuvillette in my arms certainly isn't the worst feeling.

 What time is it now anyway? The only thing I know is that it's still dark out but that can be anywhere from 6 pm and 6 am this time of the year so that doesn't help much.

 After some looking around I discovered a small clock on the nightstand.

 What the hell?

 When was the last time I slept so much?

 We came upstairs around 5:30 pm and it was now 6:26 am.

 So...

 A bit of a problem here.

 I work from 8 am.

 I need about half an hour to get to work from here.

 So now I can only hope Neuvillette wakes up within the next half an hour or I might have to wake him up.

 That or sneak out, which seemed both impossible because of our current position and a bad idea considering Neuvillette's last words yesterday before he fell asleep.

 Now I can only hope Neuvillette wakes up by himself cause getting woken up by someone else is seriously annoying.

 Hmm...

 Should I just call in sick or take a personal day?

 I never call in sick so they would understand if I missed a day, right?

 After what happened yesterday I didn't feel like leaving Neuvillette alone.

 Just as I was thinking this a piercing sound suddenly shot through the room.

 My phone vibrating on the nightstand should not have been this loud damn it!

 At least it was just a message and not a call. Maybe I can get away with it without waking up Neuvillette.

 Slowly, so I wouldn't move more than necessary, I reached over and grabbed my phone to see just who it was that was messaging me at such a godforsaken hour.

 Clorinde.

 Damn it!

 Did something happen?!

 Was Sigewinne okay?!

 Why was she messaging me this early?!

 No.

 If something were wrong she would have called.

 If something had happened to Sigewinne she would have called and called again till I picked up.

 With that in mind, I still opened my phone full of panic.

 -I got a call from Furina saying you might want to take a personal day and I should tell Chief Louis cause you might be otherwise occupied and unable to. Should I tell the Chief or is she just talking nonsense again?

 ???

 What?

 Furina told her what?

 ??????

 Sure, that was my intention, but how would she know?

 Besides, why the hell are these two up at 6:30 in the morning talking about this?!

 But this does give me a chance to take the day off without waking up Neuvillette.

 So I wrote her back, albeit a bit salty for scaring me half to death just now.