Chapter 67 - Another hitlist with Wriothesley's name

Wriothesley's POV

 Neuvillette is...

 He's acting weird.

 He is being incredibly... How should I say this...

 He is avoiding eye contact and he keeps glancing at his phone like it would blow up any minute now.

 "Neuvillette? Is everything alright?" I couldn't help but ask eventually.

 "Do you want to go out with me?" He blurted out

 We just looked at each other in shock for a moment.

 It was quite obvious that he had blurted it out without thinking and I didn't really know what to do with it.

 "Shopping. I need to go shopping. Do you want to come with me? We can go and eat some lunch together too." He rambled on.

 Oh.

 He probably wants some company.

 "Of course!" I grinned.

 I cannot even begin to describe how happy he looked with my answer.

 The whole room lit up from his smile.

 Wow...

 Pretty!!

 "So... Since the kids are coming today I have to get their room ready still. Most stores aren't open at this hour anyway, so would it be okay if we went sometime later? Around 10 am maybe?" He asked excitedly.

 "Take your time. Do you need any help?" I smiled back at him.

 He looked like a little kid who finally got something he's been wanting for ages.

 "If you want to, you can help me collect the clean sheets, blanket covers, and pillow traces from the other side of the house."

 Hmm?

 "The other side of the house?"

 While I did note that the place we were staying in was obviously considerably smaller than what it looked like outside, it was Neuvillette's place and we were staying here for free so I didn't push for an explanation for the other parts of the building.

 I assumed he didn't want to talk about it for some reason.

 Neuvillette on the other hand just looked at me confused.

 "The other side of the house, yes. Is something wrong?"

 "I just assumed it was off-limits since you never mentioned it." I explained.

 My words seemed to hit him like a truck.

 "I never..."

 "No."

 "Oh."

 Oh, indeed.

 "I'm terribly sorry! I could have sworn I've at least mentioned it."

 "It's fine. Really. This is your house. If you don't want us going to certain parts-"

 "I have nothing against you or Sigewinne wandering around the house anywhere except for a select few rooms that are locked anyway. Come. I'll show you around the other side."

 He didn't wait for much of an answer before grabbing my wrist and pulling me along down the hallway.

 We went down the otherwise empty hallway before turning right and going through the door to arrive in...

 Another empty hallway.

 This one was just bigger and had large windows on the side.

 We finally came to a very large door which required a bit of effort on Neuvillette's part to open.