Chapter 74 - A delightful development

Wriothesley's POV

 These clothes were...

 Way too fancy for a shopping trip and way too expensive for my budget.

 Had it not been for the fact that I was given the strong impression that Chiori might just murder me if I didn't put them on, I probably wouldn't be wearing them.

 That and...

 Neuvillette asked her to match our clothes?

 That's kind of cute.

 Though with our distinctly different styles, I'm curious what she will come up with.

 And it looks like I won't have to wait long.

 Chiori soon returned, looking incredibly proud of herself.

 "Heh. I win." She muttered."

 Win?

 Win what?

 But before I could ask, she spoke again, this time clearly for me to hear.

 "Prepare to be amazed by my hard work!" She chuckled.

 And amazed I was.

 Chiori had yet to finish speaking when Neuvillette walked out from behind the wall looking...

 He looked absolutely stunning!

 Chiori truly has a way with clothes. Especially those pants...

 Oh god, I'm not gonna survive today, am I?!

 Chiori!

 This is attempted murder!

 Those pants are unfair!

 And...

 Was he wearing make-up?

 It wasn't much, but there was certainly a slight difference from how he looked before.

 Still the most beautiful being on earth next to my princess, make-up or not.

 But seriously... 

 Before Neuvillette could get close enough to hear me speaking, I quickly pulled Chiro close to whisper into her ear.

 "Do you wish to ruin me?!" I whispered to her.

 "On the contrary. Considering your habit of staring at his ass, I'm making your day better." She retorted.

 Damn it!

 She noticed?!

 "Chiori, I-"

 "What are you two whispering about so loudly?" Neuvillette smiled gently.

 Oh oh.

 When did he get this close?

 How much did he hear?

 "I've heard something about ruining something. Surely it was not-"

 "I was just saying that you are pretty enough to bring a country to ruin." A said without thinking.

 Ah, damn it.

 That was the most cheesy thing I could have said!

 Instantly, Neuvillette turned as red as a tomato.

 "Oh- Ah.. I- I- Thank you... You look quite handsome yourself. I'm not sure about the criteria that are needed to ruin a country, but you are the most handsome man I've seen if that counts for something." He muttered, before turning away to avoid my gaze.