Chapter 16 - A funny little message

Wriothesley's POV

 It took some time for Neuvillette and the siblings to be able to leave, with Sigewinne wanting to go along only for me to deny it.

 Sure, I am mostly fine with Neuvillette looking after her within the school, but I won't just let her drive around with him to god knows where.

 Fortunately, those three turned out to be in a hurry for the twins' lessons as such they were able to escape quite easily while I was left behind with my grumpy daughter.

 "So... How did you end up getting roped into a magic show? And where on earth is Clorinde?"

 "Aunty Clorinde had an emergency and dropped me off by the door. That's where I met Lyney and Lynette. They asked me if I wanted to join and I agreed.

 "You're not gonna tell me how you guys did it, are you?"

 "Nope. They said they have a show in two weeks. Can we go?"

 "You will have to tell me an exact date, Winne."

 "They didn't know it. The pretty mister apparently does though. We can ask him!"

 As she spoke she directly took out her phone and started typing, but I quickly snatched it away from her.

 "Dad!"

 "Later. He's driving. Don't distract him." I said firmly.

 While I don't think Neuvillette would be someone who checks his messages while he drives, his line of work does require him to be alert for new information at all times so let's not risk it.

 "He said that their lesson starts at 15:00, no? You can text him then."

 "Fine." She mumbled and I returned her phone.

 I was happy to see her slip it back into her pocket without further protest as she walked past me towards my office.

 As such the day continued peacefully.

 Well, as peaceful as it could be with my office getting stormed by my colleagues twice to ask why Neuvillette was here and if he said anything about the whiteboard.

 While I did tell them honestly why Neuvillette had come, I avoided telling them about his reaction.

 I ended up reading some of the things on the board after Neuvillette left and...

 Yeah... Let's not talk about it.

 They deserve to worry a bit longer about his reaction.

 Sigewinne had messaged him 15:00 on the dot not a second later.

 Neuvillette's reply came a few seconds after and to Sigewinne's excitement, I was indeed free that day.

 What was a whole lot less exciting was the sudden meaning that I was dragged into right before I could finish my work.

 I wasn't even needed for half of it, god damn it!

 Why am I here?!

 I absentmindedly pulled out my phone when it buzzed in my pocket and-

 Pfft!

 Cough! Cough! Cough!

 I spit out my tea right then and there in front of the whole room.

 If that wasn't enough I barely held back a hysterical laugh.

 "Anything you want to share with us, Wriothesley?"