Chapter 41 - Sudden engagement

Wriothesley's POV

 Sigewinne's little plan to dive was fortunately put off to a later date.

 The reason for it though...

 It happened about five minutes ago.

 Neuvillette had gone underwater with Freminet again a few times to try and get the boy into a better mood. It was working to some extent.

 In the meantime, I was dragged around to explore the place with Sigewinne.

 And this place...

 This place has just about anything you can imagine from saunas to bubble baths to slides.

 Sigewinne had a lot of fun with that last one.

 By the time we got back to the two, they were just done with their third round underwater and were sitting on the side of the pool drinking some water.

 We went over to the bags to do the same when Sigewinne noticed Neuvillette's phone buzzing.

 "Mister! Someone is calling you!" She shouted.

"Could you tell me who it is?" Neuvillette turned around to ask.

 "It's- Oh, the call ended. It was- Wait! They wrote you a message!"

 "Could you read it for me? It would be troubling if I went and dripped water all over my phone."

 "Of course!" Siggewinne took the phone excitedly.

 Neuvillette smiled at her excitement as he took another sip of his water.

 "If from someone saved as 'not a child I take care of'. The message says: I'm getting engaged."

 Sigewinne's words were followed by a fit of coughs as Neuvillette spat out some of his water and choked on the rest.

 As soon as he managed to breathe properly, Neuvillette jumped out of the water and unceremoniously kicked the fins from his feet to reach his phone as quickly as possible.

 He took his phone from Sigewinne and looked at the screen with a growing frown.

 The device buzzed once more and whatever he saw caused Neuvillette to mumble.

 "Yesterday he says...I'm going to strangle him..."

 He took a few deep breaths before he turned to me.

 "Could I leave you alone with the children for a bit, Wriothesley? I should be back in about ten minutes but it might take a bit longer." He asked.

 Neuvillette...

 He looked incredibly pissed off.

 "Everything okay, Neuvillette?" I couldn't help but ask.

 "Oh, there is nothing wrong."He shook his head.

 And I was kind of expecting this conversation to end there.

 But then he took another look at his phone and clenched his hand around it so hard I was surprised it didn't break.

 "Nothing aside from the fact that the person who could be considered my brother is getting engaged, made the plans for it official yesterday and couldn't be bothered to tell me about it. I had to find out from his fiance-to-be just now. Oh, and I know. An engagement is a private thing and it hasn't even happened yet, no need to tell others about it. But you know what? If half of our acquaintances knew of it a day ago, I would have loved to hear the news as well. From him, not his future fiance. Yesterday."