Chapter 18 - It will be okay

Wriothesley's POV

 Honestly, Neuvillette leaving in a gigantic mansion isn't as shocking as what I'm seeing right now.

 Neuvillette in sweatpants and a loose-fitting T-shirt.

 He knows how to wear something other than a suit?

 Shocking.

 "Everything alright with you two?" Was the first thing he asked.

 "A bit shaken up but not much else."

 A hint of relief seemed to flash in his eyes for a moment as he invited us in.

 He led us to the living room and as soon as she laid eyes on it, Sigewinne was ready to jump onto the large couch in the middle.

 To be honest, even I was tempted.

 It looked way too soft for me not to be.

 Unfortunately for her, Sigewinne's plans did not go all that well.

 As she was about to make a run for it she was held back by her collar by Neuvillette.

 "You will have to shower first, young lady. You look like you jumped into a pile of dust." 

 Actually, she sat in one, but close enough.

 Though...

 My eyes couldn't help but drift from Neuvillette's hand holding onto Sigewinne to his face.

 It was as if lightning had struck him that second and he immediately let go, taking a step back.

 "My apologies. I overstepped."

 That's not really why I was looking at him like that.

 I would have done the exact same thing he was just a bit quicker with his actions.

 He's definitely very used to having kids around.

 And he hadn't exactly been grabbing Sigewinne either. He just gently held her collar in an attempt to stop her from advancing.

 "It's alright, Mr. Neuvillette. You just wanted to protect your poor couch. It's just that... we don't exactly have any clean clothes to change into." 

 Well...

 Now this is certainly awkward.

 We both look like we rolled around in dust and we have nothing else to wear.

 I should have thought about this.

 We should have bought something on the way.

 "Ah. No worries. That problem can be solved quite easily." Neuvillette said reassuringly.

 ?

 He led us down the hall to the third door on the right.

 He opened the door to reveal a giant walk-in closet filled mostly with colorful children's clothing with in one corner, a small section for clothes about his size.

 "Every once in a while the children from the House of the Heart stay with me for a few days. These are all clothes they chose on a whim when we were outside. It's an everyone wears everything kind of situation so please go right ahead." Neuvillette explained.

 Yeah...

 That can work for Sigewinne but I-

 "They also chose some for me and they don't always get the size right. You should be able to find something that fits you, Mr. Wriothesley." He added.