Chapter 43 - Our favorite lawyer out on a date

Wriothesley's POV

 Oh god!

 I messed up!

 I only realized it by the time I got to work but-

 I just went and hugged Neuvillette without any prior warning!

 The only reason I didn't get punched in the face was most likely because he was still mostly stunned by Sigewinne's kiss.

 I should apologize.

 Right. I'll apologize when I see him after work.

 Speaking of after work.

 When is Neuvillette off work anyway? We forgot about a very important detail.

 I can't exactly get into his house. I don't have a key.

 And now it feels incredibly awkward to call!

 What if he doesn't want to speak with me anymore?

 It's probably only because of Sigewinne that he does in the first place.

 I couldn't help but bang my head against my desk from frustration.

 Ugh!

 "I'm screwed..."

 "Oh? Is that what you're doing at Neuvillette's place? Impressive, Wriothesley. Impressive."

 "F*ck you." I mumbled.

 "No thanks. I'm good." Clorinde smirked as she leaned against the door of my office.

 "Ugh... I hate you. You and your damn perfect relationship. Go tease your wife instead of me, will you?" I groaned.

 "Well, if you hate me now, you'll hate me some more. I came to call you to some important meeting."

 "Some important meeting? Want to tell me what about?"

 "The Fatui made a move."

 My head instantly snapped up at Clorinde's words.

 "What? When? Why?"

 "I don't know. The Chief didn't say. The only thing I know is that the day before yesterday the Tsaritsa called back all the harbingers except for The Knave, whose location is still unknown. They all arrived yesterday and have been mostly quiet ever since."

 That is worrying indeed.

 "Of to that meeting we go then." I sighed as I stood up.

 Just what I needed on top of my worry.

 When we got to the meeting we found our boss pacing around angrily in front of the large screen while the rest of our co-workers shifted around nervously in their seats.

 "I swear to god..." The Chief started.

 And then he slammed his hands down on the table.

 "I swear I will beat that annoying bastard of a lawyer to death someday!" He shouted.

 Annoying bastard of a lawyer?

 Neuvillette?

 What did he do this time?

 It was at this moment that he caught sight of the two of us.

 "You two! Get your asses in here so we can start this damn meeting!" He shouted.

 Damn.

 I haven't seen him this pissed in ages.

 We quickly slid into our seats and at the same time, the Chief started to speak.