Chapter 14 - A set up

Neuvillette's POV

 "You're acting quite particular today, Monsieur." Alhaitham remarked.

 "Come now, Alhaitham. Do you have to pick up that ridiculous nickname as well?"

 "At this point, it isn't a nickname but a title." He chuckled.

 Oh dear me.

 "At least improve your pronunciation."

 "You wound me, Monsieur. My pronunciation is just fine."

 This time, I simply ignored him.

 While I am happy he found someone to be with, ever since he moved in with Kaveh he's been talking way more compared to the past. He picked up some of the architect's bad habits too.

 "Do you want me to pick your car up tomorrow?"

 "No need. I'll just pick it up on the way to Lyney and Lynette's showmanship courses tomorrow."

 Hmm...

 That reminds me. I should take Freminet diving again in the near future.

 It feels kind of unfair to keep taking his siblings to lessons every week while he stays behind.

 Ugh...

 There is no easy solution to this problem.

 I only have so much free time.

 On that note.

 "How is the project I gave to Kaveh going?"

 "Oh, please don't ask. That idiot is completely obsessed! It's only gotten worse since he took an interest in interior design because of you!"

 I reckon it is going well then.

 "What kind of project did you give him anyway? I've never seen him so excited."

 Oh, that.

 "I gave him a budget and a general idea, He is allowed to do as he pleases otherwise."

 The horrified expression on Alhaitham's face was honestly amusing.

 "You let him do as he pleases?!"

 "He works better that way."

 And that, even Alhaitham couldn't deny.

 So instead he changed the topic.

 "So you and that Wriothesley guy..."

 "We are simply acquainted." I cut home off.

 "Right. Cause people usually spend that much mora buying clothes for an acquaintance."

 "Alhaitham-"

 "Allowing an acquaintance to carry you around in their arms is also something you usually do." He continued mockingly.

 "Do I have to remind you that I pay your salary?"

 "Do I have to remind you that I don't really need the salary you pay me?"

 "Do I have to remind you that I pay your partner's salary as well?"

 "How many times do I have to tell you that Kaveh is not my boyfriend?" He scoffed.

 "I said nothing about Kaveh or him being your boyfriend. I merely mentioned your partner, as in work partner."

 Alright.

 Maybe it is time to stop here before he bangs his head into the steering wheel.

 "Are you really not gonna bring me back to the office?"