Chapter 58 - Milkshake

Wriothesley's POV

 "Neuvillette, respectfully, have you gone insane? That guy is just about the last person who would spend money on something like this."

 I doubt Morax of all people would want a single earring from a bunch of two teenagers and a six-year-old.

 Especially after said six-year-old called him average at best.

 "While you are right that he wouldn't need to spend money on something of this quality, I on the other hand am aware of another little detail. Sometimes he appreciates a good sales pitch more than the product. Sometimes a connection with a good merchant is worth the sacrifice." Neuvillette smiled.

 "And you think three children could make a sales pitch good enough for that?"

 "With a nudge in the right direction, it isn't impossible. The question is whether or not you would allow the meeting since you... do not seem to have the best impression of him."

 You think?

 Why would I have a good impression of him anyway?

 All that I know of him comes from investigations into illegal activities and that story from Chiori.

 Honestly the latter bothers me more than the former.

 But...

 I couldn't help but be a bit conflicted as I looked at Sigewinne's curious and excited expression.

 Sigh...

 She's really enthusiastic about this project, huh...

 Ugh.

 This is frustrating. I-

 "I could always help you find another. It was just an idea." Neuvillette smiled, interrupting my thoughts.

 "You said you knew two people, right? Who is the other one?" I asked immediately.

 Neuvillette's expression turned incredibly awkward at my question.

 What?

 Can't possibly be worse than Morax.

 "The other one was Childe." He said eventually.

 ...

 Yeah, suddenly, Morax seems like a great idea.

 "To be perfectly honest there is a third person I know as well, but even I wouldn't want the children near him, be it purely because of his preferred company."

 "Hmm?"

 Who is he talking about this time?

 "This option would be the Ninth. He would probably buy it just to find some way to spite my brother."

 He didn't need to specify any more than that. The Ninth could only mean one person. Pantalone.

 I'm not sure about this 'preferred company' Neuvillette was talking about, but I would honestly choose Morax over a harbinger any day of the week.

 "How about we put this aside for now and think about it for a bit longer." I offered.

 Neuvillette agreed, but it was somewhat problematic to explain to Sigewinne, why she and her group couldn't go to the three people we so thoughtlessly mentioned out loud.

 Yeah...

 Problematic was an understatement.

 The only reason she isn't still protesting hours later is because Neuvillette bought cupcakes for her on his way home.