Chapter 45 - Shall I teach you?

Wriothesley's POV

 Question.

 How do you tell your very pissed boss that the person who pissed him off is pretty much teasing him?

 And yes, this is clear teasing. 

 Cause if two people of such standing were to get engaged, news of it wouldn't stay secret for too long.

 I reckon we would hear of it by tomorrow even if I didn't say anything.

 At least he did send another message that I could just call him and give my phone to Chief Louis if needed.

 Wait... Now that I think about it...

 If it's Childe that Zhongii is getting engaged to... And it's Childe who wrote a message to Neuvillette yesterday...

 Pfft!

 Not a child I take care of.

 That's how Neuvillette saved the number of a harbinger in his phone.

 Hahahahaha!

 I had to do my best not to laugh out loud.

 Sigh...

 Putting that aside, I have to get this over with.

 "Chief." I called out.

 He turned to me, his eyes burning with fury.

 "You better have something important to say, Wriothesley, or you will be the one delivering documents to Neuvillette for the next year." He threatened.

 That...

 Doesn't seem all that scary anymore.

 "I know what the meeting was about. That, and why the Fatui are moving about."

 "What? Why? Spit it out."

 "Morax is getting engaged to Childe."

 Silence filled the room before everyone erupted in murmurs.

 "What?"

 "Those two?"

 "Engaged?"

 Chief Louis looked at me absolutely stunned for a moment before pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration.

 "And where did you get that from."

 "Neuvillette."

 "What? When?"

 "Just now. He sent me a message."

 The corner of his lips twitched at the absurdity of what I was saying.

 Understandably so, to be honest.

 "You were messaging the guy we were spying on?"

 'Trying to spy on.' I corrected in my mind.

 Not very successful either.

 Since they both obviously knew of the camera they could have just sat around talking nonsense and letting us listen in. It was honestly a nice gesture that they just got rid of it instead.

 No information is better than false information.

 I would rather act while knowing nothing than act on faulty information.

 "If you're in doubt, you can always ask the man in question. Here you go, Chief."

 And with that I pressed call and threw my phone at him, tossing this hot potato right back to Neuvillette.