Chapter 7 - A chuckle and a pretty smile

Wriothesley's POV

 Sh*t!

 God damn it!

 I'm incredibly late!

 There was an emergency meeting at work and I was delayed by a whole lot. 

 It was almost six! I was supposed to pick Sigewinne up at four!

 This wasn't my first time being late so they probably guessed what was going on but still.

 Ugh!

 The dean is going to murder me!

 I rushed towards the dean's office and pretty much slammed the door open.

 "I'm sorry I'm late!"

 This little stunt only resulted in me scaring the poor woman into spilling her drink.

 "Mr. Wriothesley. Please, a simple knock will suffice next time." Nahida said, wiping the drops of liquid off her desk.

 "My apologies."

 But...

 "Where is Sigewinne?"

 She usually stays here if I come late.

 "She and that ice cube have been stuck in the library for the past four hours or so." She sighed.

 "Icecube? Mr. Neuvillette?"

 She raised an eyebrow in amusement.

 "I guess his behavior hasn't changed much since high school if even someone who didn't know him back then can recognize him from such a nickname." She chuckled.

 That-

 Uhm...

 "I'm sure you still know where the library is, Mr. Wriothesley. After picking up Sigewinne, please do tell Neuvillette to stop bringing down the overall temperature in the building with his presence and get out of here already."

What the...

 There was a short silence before she coughed awkwardly.

 "Please excuse me. That was a very poor choice of words. I'm just a bit too exhausted today." She added.

 "That is quite alright, Ms. Nahida. I once again thank you for taking care of Sigewinne."

 "Any time, really. She's a cute kid. I didn't do much this time though, so you should that that ice- Neuvillette."

 We exchanged a few more words before I said goodbye and went towards the library.

 I can't believe that Neuvillette has been looking after my kid for the past four hours.

 After all the curses I throw at him on a daily basis, should anyone find out about this, I would be bullied to death by my own colleagues.

 Naturally, the library was mostly empty at this hour. Only the librarian was still around.

 She gave me some directions to the two, but it wasn't all too needed.

 I could hear Sigewinne's excited voice all the way from here.

 I went up to them and took a quick look from afar before announcing my presence.

 They were sitting on the floor on-

 ...

 I do hope this was not Sigewinne's idea.

 They were sitting on Neuvillette's very expensive-looking suite.