Chapter 59 - (Not) The elder sister

Neuvillette's POV

 As I picked up my phone I quickly stepped into my home office and locked the door.

 "Something the matter, Snow?" I asked.

 She doesn't usually call unless it is urgent.

 "Well, first of all, cute little trick you pulled with Beret. Or should I say, the children did." She chuckled.

 I was going to say something but she spoke up before I could.

 "But did you really have to break a historical piece of art just to give your boyfriend Dougier's name?"

 "I did no such-"

 "Oh come now, little dragon. We both know that a simple trashcan would have had a difficult time breaking so many cars and that sculpture without a little assistance."

 ...

 "What is with you and that nickname?"

 "If you don't like it, maybe you shouldn't have allowed the children to stick that dragon emblem next to your name all those years ago. Now you are stuck with it. Both the emblem and the nickname."

 The insignia I have made peace with, but that nickname.

 "Just stop..."

 "No."

 Ugh...

 I will never win this argument no matter how many times we go through it.

 Never mind.

 "Why have you called?" I changed the topic.

 "I wanted to ask what you told Pantalone to have him laughing like a maniac. I haven't seen him like this since that one time he won a bid against Morax."

 Ah...

 That...

 "Just a simple deal, nothing more." I brushed it off.

 Or at least I tried. I should have known she wouldn't have it.

 "I would love to know what kind of deal you made with my Ninth. The Second too, for that matter. He has been grinning like an idiot too."

 Well...

 "I asked Pantalone to go kick up a fuss about wanting Dougier's venue. As for Dottore... He overheard the call and announced that he was bored and would help him."

 "Se essentially you are using my harbingers to lead your boyfriend around by the nose, is it?"

 "I am merely trying to make it a bit safer for him."

 "By breaking rules you yourself set?"

 "As if you would sell me out for it." I retorted.

 "You are right. I would not. I just find it interesting how you didn't go to Morax first."

 "Your subordinates are... far more convenient in such cases."

 Zhongli's subordinates tend to be a little too straightforward at times.

 On that note, before I forget...

 "You know I spoke with Childe this morning." I started.

 "I am aware. Did he ask for something difficult?" Snow asked.

 "He asked for a yearly two-week vacation away with just his family without needing to report back to you or Zhongli. I reckon by tomorrow that would have turned into one week with just his family and one week with Zhongli there too."