Chapter 46 - Hugs and princess carries

Wriothesley's POV

 So here I am.

 Standing in front of the door of Neuvillette's office with Sigewinne in tow.

 This is awkward.

 This is really awkward.

 Like... I spent my morning spying on this guy and he knows it!

 "Dad? Are you embarrassed because mister caught you slacking at work?" Sigewinne asked when she noticed me hesitating.

 Aaaah!

 Sigewinne dearest, I was working!

 But I can't tell you that, now can I?

 I would rather you believe I was slacking off than know that I was spying on Neuvillette.

 Sigewinne probably had enough of my hesitation as she quickly pried her hand from mine and knocked loudly on the door.

"Who is it?"

 "Pretty mister! It's me!"

 There was a short moment of silence before the door opened to reveal a brightly smiling Neuvillette and-

 "You have a guest, mister?"

 That he did.

 And of all people...

 "Please allow me to introduce you. This is Zhongli, an old friend of mine-"

 "Elder brother." Zhongli interrupted.

 "Elder brother then." Neuvillette sighed.

 He stepped aside to let us in but Sigewinne just stood there, staring at Zhongli.

 And then, she threw out the most out-there sentence in existence.

 "Aunty Chiori said you were ugly. I don't think you are, but you are lacking compared to Dad." He said bluntly.

 Oh my god!

 Sigewinne!

 Blunt with no filter whatsoever!

 I saw the friendly smile frieze onto Zhongli's face and crack.

 Meanwhile, Neuvillette was clearly trying not to burst out laughing.

 "Ugly... you say..."

 "No, that was Aunty Chiori. I don't think you're ugly. Just compared to Dad, you are pretty average." Sigewinne shot at him again.

 A short laugh escaped Neuvillette's lips.

 "Pfft! She called you average... I can't believe there is someone who would call you- Pfft!"

 Never did I imagine I would see the richest man in the country so... broken.

 And just by a few words from a child as well.

 As soon as he managed to stop laughing, Neuvillette pulled out his phone and waved in front of Zhongli.

 "You know how I have cameras in here right?" He grinned.

 A look of horror flashed in Zhongli's eyes.

 "You wouldn't-"

 "Shall I send it to Baizhu?"

 "Neuvillette-"

 "Or would Childe be a better choice?"

 At the mention of his fiance-to-be, Zhongli jumped up from his chair and reached for Neuvillette's phone only to miss.