Chapter 62 - Some more trauma needed

Wriothesley's POV

 With the amount of effort, both mental and physical, that it took me to get Neuvillette off of me without... triggering a certain unwanted reaction, was...

 A lot.

 Let's just leave it at that.

 And it wasn't even that I got him off of me really.

 He just suddenly got really tired and wanted to go to bed.

 Wanted to go to bed = he demanded that I bring him there.

 So aside from having Neuvillette moving around on top of me on the couch, I had to carry him up the stairs while he was entirely wrapped around me cause he just wouldn't let go of me so I could pick him up any differently.

 Oh, heavens above please allow me to get through this without embarrassing myself for a lifetime and or looking like a pervert.

 If anyone heard my prayers it had been Neuvillette and he must have somehow heard the opposite as his hold around me tightened even more.

 The next problem arose when I finally put him down on his bed.

 He rolled to one side and patted the empty space on the other side.

 "You should sleep too." He declared.

 Fortunately, I managed to refrain from asking whether or not he wants me dead and this is all just a clever assassination attempt by trying to give me a heart attack.

 "I'll sleep in my own room." I denied the offer.

 He pouted in return, looking like an abandoned puppy.

 "Come now, Neuvillette. I'm not that tired yet."

 "Lies!" He snapped back.

 "I'm not-"

 "Tell that to the dark circles under your eyes." He muttered.

 Well...

 So...

 Those were more from stress really.

 "Now come here and lie down." Neuvillette insisted.

 "Neuvillette, I really can't-"

 I was halfway into the sentence when I was forced to stop because of the tears gathering in Neuvillette's eyes.

 Ah... Damn it...

 I'm really...

 Against that...

 I can't...

 Ugh!

 I could just lie down.

 Not sleep, just lie down and make sure I don't get closer to him than absolutely necessary.

 Yeah. That could work.

 "Fine." I said.

 In that instant, the tears disappeared as if they had never been there in the first place and Neuvillette was back to smiling.

 Damn it.

 I've been fooled.

 I should have known.

 But I can't really take back my words now, so I went and lay down on the very edge of the bed.

 Neuvillette's next actions were...

 I'm not sure whether or not I should be surprised.

 I kind of thought he was gonna ask for another hug but...