Chapter 8 - Sigewinne the matchmaker

Wriothesley's POV

 "Neuvillette got you... books on law?"

 ?

 "Didn't you say you wanted to be a doctor? Did you change your mind?"

 "Nope! I still want to become a doctor. This is just pretty interesting."

 She then opened a book and pointed to a note written on the side.

 "Look. This here is related to a question I answered on that test. I did somehow manage to answer it correctly, but the pretty mister explained it to me properly today and now I feel like I could write a much better answer."

 She pointed out a few more things for me and I couldn't help, but think that my daughter is too much of a genius.

 You've only been at this for less than a week!

 Sigewinne dear. Can you not put all law students to shame?!

 But...

 "How did he end up buying you books?"

 "Well, he tried explaining some things to me using the books in the library at first, only to realize that the school's library was, in his words, lacking every single book that has some use. He then had a staredown with the dean for a few minutes only to end up calling someone who brought these books about ten minutes later.

 I thought he would donate them to the library or something but he gave them to me instead. Even the dean was completely baffled."

 It would have been weirder if she hadn't been shocked by something like that.

 On that note.

 "Sigewinne, next time you want to meet someone I have never left you alone with before, call me first, okay? Even if you are still at school, I would like to know who you are with if it's someone I wouldn't expect."

 "Okay... Sorry. I'll be careful next time." She mumbled.

 "Lucky you, at least someone has a bit of common sense. Neuvillette called me this morning to tell me about your little plan."

 Sigh...

 I would have been shocked to death otherwise.

 "He called you?"

 "Of course, he called me. No one with a bit of decency and common sense would just go spend time alone with a kid whose parents he is not all that familiar with. Even if he was a close friend, it would only be right for him to call me first."

 "Oh. I didn't know. But... Why did he ask me for your number then?" She asked suddenly.

 "I told him to ask you for my private number so he wouldn't call my work one."

 "Ooh?"

 She gave me a look that could only mean...

 "No. Sigewinne, no. Don't you dare try and set me up with him."

 I am not going through that awkward situation again!

 "Isn't he your type though?" She asked teasingly.

 "I do not have a type."

 And that is not something you should be discussing with me.

 "You are 29 and you still don't have a type?"

 Ugh...

 "Sigewinne... What is with you and throwing people's age in their face today-"

 Wait.