Chapter 65 - Awkward and embarrassing

Wriothesley's POV

 So...

 What should and shouldn't I say to Neuvillette?

 I should probably leave out the part where he trying to strip to test my patience, right?

 I should tell him about showing me where the gun was in case he wants to put it somewhere else.

 The call with the Tsaritsa should be mentioned too since he will just notice it in his call logs anyway.

 And the nightmare...

 Yeah, let's leave that for last.

 I looked up to the more and more impatient Neuvillette on the other side of the bed.

 Well, at least he buttoned up his shirt.

 "Will you tell me what I've done or not?" He grumbled.

 Cute.

 "For starters, you showed me where you keep your gun in the kitchen." I started this very difficult conversation.

 "Oh."

 Oh?

 That's it?

 "You might want to move it." I added.

 "Why would I?" Neuvillette asked, looking incredibly confused.

 "Because it could be dangerous for you if I suddenly wanted to shoot you or something-"

 "Do you?"

 "No, I don't. Why would I? I just-"

 "Then it's fine, no?" He asked blankly.

 ...

 Sigh...

 I give up.

 So unnecessarily stubborn.

 "Anything else that happened?"

 "The Tsaritsa called and asked to talk to me. On that note, please refrain from mentioning to her that I didn't manage to get you to eat or she might have me killed."

 To this, Neuvillette frowned. He actually seemed to look incredibly offended.

 "She is not that cruel. At most, she would have your house trashed, but since you are living with me you don't need to fear that."

 He seemed really sure of himself as he said that but I was still somewhat doubtful.

 Rightfully so too. She is the leader of the Fatui for god's sake. They aren't known to be the nicest bunch.

 Well, as long as Neuvillette is happy. No need to push it.

 So I went right back to the original topic.

 "After the call, you asked for a hug and later demanded I bring you to bed because you were tired, but you wouldn't let me go throughout all of this. So I carried you upstairs and was just going to leave you here to sleep, but you said I should sleep as well, here, in your bed, and when I denied the offer you started crying. Eventually, I gave in and just lay down on the opposite edge of the bed. You even built a pillow wall before falling asleep."

 That last part still has me amused.

 It was incredibly cute,

 But I couldn't laugh.

 I couldn't even smile sightly.

 Definitely not when Neuvillette looked like he would kill me before the Tsaritsa ever has a chance to should I show any other reaction aside from a serious blank face.