Chapter 35 - Plans for the day

Baizhu's POV

 "So, what do you want?" Wriothesley asked bluntly.

 "What do I want?"

 "Yes."

 He looked at me as if I was the least trustworthy guy he had ever met.

 Hmm...

 This guy has a good judge of character.

 "Well, for starters I want to go home, take a bath and rest for a bit. Dealing with Neuvillette is quite exhausting. Aside from that-"

 "What do you want from me." He spelled it out.

 Oh dear...

 I did want something from him but maybe I should change my plans.

 Wouldn't want a sharp guy like him to stumble onto Neuvillette's carefully crafted web of lies, now would we?

 But still...

 He is the first Neuvillette has allowed close after all these years. Would it be worth a try?

 Would a relationship based on lies that could crumble at any moment be a good idea?

 Maybe I should-

 "Woah!"

 I suddenly found myself getting dragged away from the couch by my collar.

 "Neuvillette! Let go of me this instant!"

 "Get rid of that snake-like smile of yours first. I can see you scheming from a mile away." He grumbled.

 He pushed my bag into my hands along with my jacket and started pushing me out of the living room.

 "Hey-"

 "I should be good to go for swimming, right?" He asked suddenly.

 "I was never against you swimming you know. It doesn't apply the same pressure-"

 "Good to know. I called you a taxi. Goodbye now."

 And with that I found myself tossed out of the house.

 ...

 Well, this isn't entirely unexpected.

 Neuvillette never did like when someone attempted to touch 'his people'.

 I just wasn't aware Wriothesley was considered as such already.

 I suppose this is his problem now.

 However this little dance in his intricate web of lies plays out, even I cannot now.

 Putting that aside, our little prince is still just as innocent and cute as ever.

 He probably wouldn't deal well with heartbreak.

 Let's see if Wriothesley dares.

 Hmm...

 Perhaps I should prepare a special blend of poison just in case.

 -

 Wriothesley's POV

 What the hell was that about?

 First, I'm having a staredown with that snake-like guy, and the next thing I knew, Neuvillette is throwing him out of the house.

 "I apologize for that, Wriothesley. Baizhu didn't succeed in luring you into anything sketchy, did he?" Neuvillette asked, rubbing his temples tiredly.