Chapter 32 - An obviously guilty pair

Wriothesley's POV

 Whatever Neuvillette said to that officer it must have been incredibly impressive if he was able to get that guy and his belongings from police custody in under five minutes.

 "Dad?"

 "Yes, princess?"

 "How does mister manage to look so imposing while wearing sweatpants and an oversized hoodie?" Sigewinne asked.

 That is a really good question.

 He shouldn't.

 Not while looking like he got dragged out of bed five minutes ago.

 But he did look incredibly imposing even like this and that probably helped him achieve what he wanted.

 -

 Putting aside Baizhu's initial shock, our return trip was quite peaceful.

 Sigewinne was certainly having fun.

 Neuvillette not so much Every once in a while he would just let out a tired sigh.

 "So, Mr. Doctor."

 "Baizhu is fine."

 "Mr. Baizhu then." Sigewinne decided.

 For some reason, Neuvillette let out a short laugh, and the corner of Baizhu's mouth twitched.

 "So, Mr. Baizhu, did you do something bad?"

 "No. Why would you think so?"

 "Because the pretty mister had to save you from the police."

 Baizhu shot Neuvillette an amused look at the nickname only for it to be returned with a sigh.

 "The person driving the taxi I was in was the one who did something bad. Neuvillette had to come and help me convince the police that I didn't." Baizhu explained.

 "Is he really good at that? Convincing the police? He looked really cool doing it."

 "He's amazing at it. I reckon he could talk himself out of a murder charge still holding the murder weapon."

 "Baizhu. Mind the topic in front of a child." Neuvillette frowned.

 "What's wrong with the topic, mister? It's still better than one of my classes in school. That one is just weird. I don't know what they are talking about half the time." Sigewinne mumbled dejectedly.

 Hmm?

 What class is that?

 "Which one is that, Sigewinne?" Neuvillette asked.

 "Sexual education."

 I nearly choked on air.

 "What?!"

 Sigewinne is taking what class?!

 Silence filled the car after Sigewinne's words.

 "Neuvillette." I called out.

 "Yes?"

 "Please remind me to call Nahida when we get home."

 We have something to discuss.

 Urgently.

 "I'll make sure to do so."

 The last five minutes of the ride went by in silence.

 The sudden shift in mood probably affected Sigewinne as well as she too remained silent.

 The second we got back I dropped Sigewinne off inside and remained outside to place a rather angry call.