Chapter 76 - Almost found out

Wriothesley's POV

 While it was just a scheme to get Neuvillette the chance to do as he pleases without dying from embarrassment, I did intend to call Sigewinne for real.

 It was a good moment too. She was currently on her lunch break.

 The phone rang once, twice-

 "Hi Dad!" Sigewinne's excited voice sounded from the other end.

 "Hello to you too, princess. How has your day been?" I smiled.

 "A lot of fun! A few of our teachers are sick so we had self-study with subs for most of the day. Oh, right! I'm off school an hour early. Can you and mister pick me up at 3 pm?"

 I couldn't help but flinch.

 "Y-Yeah... Sure... I can come and pick you up... But why Neuvillette as well...?"

 How much and what exactly did Clorinde and Navia tell her?!

 I swear to god if they went around spouting nonsense-

 "Auntie Clorinde and Auntie Navia said you would probably just hang around with mister all day. I thought you might as well come and pick me up together since you stayed home to spend time with him anyway."

 Those two...

 I'll-

 "Oh, on that note. I said this before, but you have my full support if you want to date mister! I won't mind even if you get married. No, actually, go get married soon!" Sigewinne continued.

 "Winne-"

 "And Dad, don't give me the usual 'it's not what you think'. Please stop staring at mister's butt first."

 Oh god, not this again!

 "Winne... My dear princess... Please leave your father some face..."

 "No." Her reply came immediately.

 Ugh...

 "We'll be there to pick you up at 3. You can tell me about your day with your aunties then." I say eventually.

 "Okay! Love you, Dad! Please give a kiss to mister for me!"

 She ended the call before I could protest her request.

 I can't just go and kiss Neuvillette, okay?!

 "Does she really expect me to kiss-"

 "Kiss?" A familiar voice suddenly sounded behind me.

 I nearly dropped my phone from shock as my head snapped around to look at the one who had almost given me a heart attack.

 Clynes.

 F*ck.

 Oh oh.

 I screwed.

 That's it.

 I'm done for.

 I will be ripped apart by my colleagues as soon as I get to work on Monday.

 When did he get here?

 How much did he hear?

 How much did he see?

 "Who is it that you want to kiss, Wriothesley?" He grinned teasingly.

 "No one. Sigewinne is just being her usual deadly self again with her comments." I managed to spit out.

 "Oh? So you didn't take a personal day to go on a date with that boyfriend Sigewinne was telling me about last time?"