Chapter 75 - An attempt to distract oneself

I wonder whether or not I can annoy my readers to death with Wriothesley's obliviousness and stupidity...

Would I be charged with murder?

~

~

Wriothesley's POV

 So...

 Neuvillette kissed me.

 Twice.

 I'm either dead, dreaming, hallucinating, or have gone insane.

 It could also be multiple of the above.

 Here I was, holding Neuvillette's hand as we walked through the mall going down his little shopping list filled with honestly one of the cutest list of items I've ever seen.

 Well, to be exact, it wasn't the items themselves that were cute, but rather the little stories behind them that Neuvillette was all too keen to share.

 Lynette's constantly missing hair ties...

 So many have gone missing and yet the house is not full of them. Neuvillette said even Grandma Felice and Grandpa Nel marvel at the phenomenon. 

 At first, Neuvillette had thought that she was bringing them back with her, but after asking the director of the orphanage, no hair ties were found there either

 Then there is Freminet and his little blankets.

 Even though he himself has proclaimed his actions as stupid and childish, stay after stay he insists on having a small blanket for Pers.

 As for why these blankets need constant repurchasing...

 Well, he has been taking them home with him and collecting them. 

 Neuvillette doesn't seem to mind though. He said he appreciated that Freminet told him about his intention to bring the little blanket back with him before actually doing it. It saved him the time he would have spent searching for it.

 Unlike a certain someone.

 Lynney has apparently made over 50 decks of cards disappear in the past year alone.

 And Neuvillette meant that literally.

 He would perform a trick where he would make the cards disappear and they would never be seen again.

 Not a single one of them.

 All 50+ full decks of cards disappeared without a trace.

 It was even more mysterious than Lynette's hair ties as he was doing this in front of people and most times in front of Neuvillette himself, in his house.

 And yet, poof, they were all gone.

 Once again, not that Neuvillette minded his antics.

 The cards weren't expensive or anything and this whole long-lasting stunt was increasingly amusing with the knowledge that Lyney has an ever-growing stock of cards tucked away somewhere.

 With time the hiding place is bound to be revealed when no more cards would fit.

 Neuvillette was curious whether Lyney hid them at his house or the orphanage.

 Either way, all these little things would need to be restocked before the kids arrived, coupled with a ton of groceries cause we were mostly out of everything at home and there would be three additional mouths to feed.

 I've been trying to make a mental list of approximately what we would need to buy in terms of groceries and...

 I am most definitely not using this to distract myself from the fact that Neuvillette kissed me.