Chapter 60 - Confession

I, the author, hereby announce the start of the suffering and frustration for all readers.

I've been told I can drag it out for at most 30 chapters before the torches and pitchforks come out so I'm gonna make the most of it!

~

~

Snow's POV

 When the call ended I slumped back into my chair not throwing whether to laugh or cry.

 Sigh...

 Neuvillette is the same as ever.

 And my dear subordinates seem to be a bit too comfortable teasing him.

 "Pierro." I called out.

 Moments later the door opened and the man in question walked in.

 "Yes, my lady?"

 "Please go warn Pantalone and Dottore to stop teasing Neuvillette if they don't want to lose their paycheck. They should know better than to do stupid things like that. Neuvillette talked things far too seriously."

 I don't believe they aren't aware of what their "advice" would amount to.

 "Aside from that, go investigate a man named Wriothesley from the special investigations unit dealing with organizing crime." I added.

 "My lady... That... Would Mr. Neuvillette not complain about you investigating someone whose information he had expressed he wouldn't share?"

 "To be exact, the Phantom won't release it. He never specifically told me not to investigate it."

 "But I heard both Morax and Dr. Baizhu were forbidden from looking into him themselves." Pierro continued cautiously.

 "They were. I was not."

 The sentence 'You were not because you didn't express any interest.' was written on his face quite clearly even if he didn't speak it.

 Funny coming from someone so incredibly loyal.

 "Just look into him. If Neuvillette has something against my actions, he will express it as soon as you start the investigation. Oh, and try to do it in a way that doesn't catch Morax's attention."

 There was a moment of hesitation still but eventually, he let go of the matter.

 "As you wish, my lady."

 Just as he was about to leave, I still remembered to stop him for one more little thing.

 "Pierro, tell Pantalone that I don't care what he does with his partner, but if he dares to send lingerie to Neuvillette I will not allow him anywhere near even just a single mora for a month."

 I let out a long sigh as Pierro left, falling deep in thought.

 Just who exactly is this Wriothesley for Neuvillette to take a liking to him this easily?

 I hope he is at least a decent guy or I'll have to...

 Gently remove him from Neuvillette's proximity

-

Wriothesley's POV

 It was weird not having to pick Sigewinne up from school.

 It's been a while since she stayed over at someone's place.

 At least I could stop worrying now that Navia sent a message saying that she had picked her up and they arrived at their home.