Chapter fifty-nine

Don't forget to Comment and Vote!!
——————-

Shannon's POV

It's been a week since that night Dante chose a side. The girls have been real hot since shit hit the fan. Tyler has also been on one too. I'm honestly starting to see a side of him I've never seen. Dante hasn't reached out or anything....I don't expect him to anyway, but his parents been reaching out a lot telling me to not take what he said to heart. Honestly I would have but once he said...

"Shannon, we're adults now. You've been going through this all your life, this isn't new. You knew how your mom is and how your sister gets around her! I appreciate you coming still out of spite, but what did you expect at the end of the day?!" he says, letting his emotions show. "It's been awhile now, it's time to grow up and let bye gones be bye gones."

I know I should be the bigger person and just let it slide; like I've been doing all my life, but I can't. From growing up dealing with my mom, my dad, Nicky, Alexis, my fucking so called step father, my family, the bullshit Dante has put me through due to his line of work because he didn't want Alexis to be targeted. To now... fucking Dante himself. I've never been one to hold a grudge nor seek revenge like my friends do. Nah, I've always been the one to play peacemaker.

Nah fuck that Shannon. I'm hungry for some fucking revenge. Bitches gon know not to fuck with me anymore.

"Why are we here Ms. Jackson?... if you don't mind me asking."

As I zone back in from being in my thoughts I realize everyone is here. Present in my skyline Chicago office, with Tyler standing strong and confident next to my side with a straight face. Waiting to hear my next words. I take a sip of my glass of whiskey.

Shannon...it's time to make shit shake.

"I got a shit list."

The way Tyler stiffened shocked by my words. I felt him slightly glance at me. The men at the table all either had a smile or smirk of amusement on their face.

"Who would have thought—"

"Whose the first victim?"

Lucas's POV

Something been off about Shannon lately I just can't tell what. I tried to ask her about it, but she would just brush it off.

At the moment I'm out the Shannon's friends husbands and boyfriends having lunch not too far from Shannon's building. While Story is at her cousin ballet recital.

"Hey, can I ask you guys a question?"

"Yeah, what's up Lucas?" Joesph answered.

"Have y'all heard anything from the girls about Shannon? Because she has been acting a little weird lately."

They all thought for a moment.

"I heard TT going off about how Dante ended up choosing sides. So I think that put a major rift in the group." Johnathan answer, sticking some potatoes in his mouth.

Bingo!... I'll leave it alone for now since she probably needs her time to sulk.

"Anyway, are you still planning on popping the question playboy?" Drew, May new boyfriend at the moment, ask.

I start to feel myself get all giddy.

"Yeah, most definitely!" I answer, smiling.

"AYYYYYYYYY!!!"

"YURRR"

They all shout happily.

"So when you doin' it fam?" Darnell asks, quieting everyone down.

"I was thinking on her birthday or around her birthday." I answer, smiling hard.

"On moms bro, what you waiting mad long for? You pussy or sumin'" Casey, Jessica new boyfriend at the moment, says in his strong Bronx, New York accent.

"Nah nah." I start, "I just think that'll be the perfect timing for everything. The holidays will be over and we would have already met the whole family or each other sides. You guys and your girls would be more free to come and celebrate with us. Plus I just honestly want to do it right." I answer, honestly.

"You don't think it's mad early shawty to be doin' all this. I mean you and ole girl haven't even been together that long." Drew asks, having Casey and the guys agree.

"Listen, just how I told my best friends. I honestly think I'm ready to take the next step. I mean my parents got married when they were around my age, and so did both of their own parents. In short it's very common for my family to marry young. Plus I just feel like Shannon and Story is just it for me. I don't even look at other woman the same no more. I can see myself having kids with her, buying a custom made house on a huge plot of land. I can see myself waking up to her and our family everyday—"

"But wouldn't you feel trapped son? I mean you nineteen dog. You should still be running up in pussy and breaking hearts. Not trying to play dad and husband." Casey says, cutting me off.

"But I love her."

"So, the fuck. You can love someone and not marry them. I hope you know that playboy." Darnell states.

"Yeah I know."

"Mm."

"At the end of the day I love her and I'm doing this. I'm tired of having sneaky links, one night stands, flings, and some more. I just want her and Story and I'm standing on this."

The table just stays quiet, before they all start smirking and smiling.

"My boy in love fam." Drew says, dapping me up smiling.

"I like you white boy. You hold shit down." Casey, says, "you valid."

Valid? What does that mean?... I guess it's a compliment.

"I told you he would be." Darnell says, dapping them up.

"I'm proud of you being on your grown man shit the way you are. I hope you and sis workout til the end." Johnathan says, smoothly.

"Yeah, fam let me know if you need anything bro. I'll be glad to help." Joseph states, popping a chip in his mouth.

"Really?!" I ask, in disbelief.

"Fasho homie." Drew says.

"We all got your back now. You safe around here."

It honestly feels nice to have support on this decision. I just hope things workout in my favor, I would hate to get toxic on her ass. Also I can't wait introduce the guys to each other.

——————

Don't forget to Comment and Vote!! I love hearing y'all thoughts and stuff in the comments. It helps me to know if I made y'all laugh or if I'm going in the right direction with the book.