Chapter sixty

Don't forget to comment and vote
———————

Lucas's POV

It's been about a week since I've been here in Chicago with Shannon and Story. I will say the part of Chicago I'm in is very different then what I've experienced growing up. From cooking, family gatherings, and the city itself. I've never heard so many gunshots at night in my life. Shannon and Story just sleeps through them, and I'm just like isn't that dangerous? I mean someone could potentially need help.

However, besides the gunshots and the cold weather I really like this place...I'm not really one for cold weather. Since being here I met Shannon's cousins, aunts, and uncles. I also met Nicolás side of the family as well. I will say I thought it was going to be awkward meeting his family, but it wasn't. I can see why Shannon loves Nicolás side of the family more. I feel like since being here I've been opened up to so many cultures. I'm actually really happy Shannon and Story brought me along. Seeing how they are so care free and happy being around the people in this city makes me happy. This is honestly like their safe place.

I hope to one day provide them that same care free nature too.

Since being here me and guys have gotten really close. I actually got invited to their guy trip they usually take, and they told me to invite Josh and Daniel to tag along so they can meet them as well. Of course I immediately texted the group chat and they agreed. For the past couple of nights we've all been playing on the game from GTA, call of duty, Roblox, and more. I even invited Josh and Daniel to our online parties so everyone can get acquainted with everyone. Let just say there has never been a dull moment. It got to the point where Darnell made a huge group chat with everyone in it.

I felt like I haven't really seen Shannon much since here. I don't know if it's me, but her mood has been really off.

At the moment I'm over Shannon's cousins house with Story. Story is outside having a snowball fight with her little cousins, and I'm just chilling on the couch on my phone reading the group chat where Daniel is talking about his one night stand.

Druski: (PSA:Druski is Drew)
Ayo😭😭 that shit sus as fuck man

Danny Boy🥴:
I know right

Nelly: (PSA: Nelly is Darnell nickname)
Ayo ole girl finna run up in your shit🤣

Johnny: (PSA: Johnny is Johnathan)
No cap 😅 you better watch yo shit bro

Danny Boy🥴:
Oh I'm good over here mate if her crazy ass come back I got something for her

Josh Josh🥱:
Like what? You know you are not going to do nothing, but call me scared talking about there is this crazy girl bothering my property

Lucas:
Lol, why don't you just have your front gate security not let her in😂

Casey:
You niggas got guards on your shit?!

Josh Josh🥱:
Nah nah. It's not even like that😭 Daniel is the only one that has personal guards

Danny Boy🥴:
Don't do me like that mate. You and Lucas condos are both in a highly guarded gated community

Lucas:
Yeah, but they ain't on our personnel

Joseph:
You niggas rich

Nelly:
Don't you live in a wealthy neighborhood in LA with Linda and the kids Joe?

Joseph:
Yeah, but we ain't got no security like that. I can still get run up on in my front yard if niggas really wanted to. It's just that the police would be quicker to come to us now