Chapter twenty

————
Don't forget to vote and comment!
———————-

Shannon's POV

I wake up to the sun shining in on me and to my phone going off.

Ughhhhhhhh!!! I just want to sleep!!!

Trying to turn over I notice that Lucas is laying on top of me lightly snoring.

Awe, he's such an angel.

Reaching over I grab my phone and lightly start running my fingers through his hair.

S: "Hello?"

D: "Hey, I was just checking in on you. To make sure you found someone to watch Story."

My eyes immediately avert to Lucas's sleeping form.

I meannnnnn... he did say— no Shannon.

S: "It's still a working process."

D: "Mmhmm, so are you just going to let me send some of my men to watch her?"

S: "No, Dante. I don't think Story would take too kindly of an entourage of men following her."

D: "It wouldn't be an entourage. It would be her favorite guards; Nino, Liam, and Michael."

I mean she does speak highly of them, and I trust them with our life.

S: "I don't know... are they fine with watching her for a month?"

D: "They'll be fine with whatever I tell them. I am the boss after all."

I guess... I'll think about it.

S: "So how is my sister."

I then hear him let off a dramatic sigh.

D: "You should be asking about me!!" he whines.

Here comes the drama queen.

S: "What's wrong best?"

D: "She's been ignoring me again! Ever since these people called for her to make some more art work she's then locked herself away in her studio. I miss the attention and the cuddles whenever I wanted it ."

I swear the toughest men in life are always a big baby behind closed doors.

S: "For a notorious and dangerous mafia leader, you sure are soft as hell. I still wonder to this day how you have so much respect."

D: "Shut the hell up, no one asked for your opinion in the first place. Now where are you because you've been whispering this whole time, are you in trouble?"

Awe, I miss my best friend!!

S: "No, I'm not. Just Lucas is asleep on me and I don't want to disturb him."

D: "Oooohhhh, so we're having a big girl sleepovers now."

S: "Shut up Dante." I say, rolling my eyes.