Chapter thirty-four

——————
Don't forget to vote and comment!
—————————-

Shannon's POV

"Oh come on chill out now." I say, laughing into the phone.

"What? I'm serious. I mean we are both single, and yo momma loves me. What more would you want? Even the media and our kids ship us together." he says, smiling into the phone.

I just laugh as I brush my hair. "You know damn well my child don't mess with you like that."

"Man, I tried apologizing to her." he says, giggling.

"Well, you should have never ate her pop tart that day." I say, defending her.

"Nah, but real talk ma, why not? I mean we grew up together and everything."

I meannn...

"Herbert—"

"What did I say about calling me that mannnn."

I just laugh. "Herbo, I think you letting the media get to your head."

"What can I say I agree with the media."

"Shouldn't you be sleep?" I say, changing the topic.

"I should be asking you the same thing." he says.

"Well it's only ten at night here, it's about one over there in Chicago."

"I ain't got nun to do tomorrow, plus I rather sit up and talk to you instead." he says, looking over at me.

"Mmhmm." I say, putting my bonnet on.

"So when you coming up here?"

"Next week."

"So you finna slide through?"

I shrug. "I might, it depends on what you trynna put out." I say, raising an eyebrow.

"Any energy you want me to put out. You know like my song says, pull up." he says, as I take my makeup off.

"You gonna show me how the gangsters do it?" I ask, lightly bitting my lip.

"Nothing less baby." he says.

I meannnn his offer is lowkey appealing.

I say we take him up on his offer Shannon.

"Mm, I'll let you know." I say, getting up from my chair.

"Oh yes ma'am, do a little spin for me ma." he says, licking his lip.

I just pick my phone up, and start making my way to the bed.

"Hey! I was enjoying the view sweetheart." he says.

"I bet." I say, climbing into bed.

"Red looks good on you." he compliments.

"Thank you, so why was you in Greece?" I ask, getting up under the covers.

"Because my auntie and ma wanted to go so I said why not." he says, turning his stuff off and getting up under his covers.

"Oh." I say, plugging my phone in. "How are they?"

"They good." he answers. "How about yours?"

Tbh ion know.

"She ight." I answer, yawning.

"So what did y'all do today?" he asks, as I prop him up against the bedside lamp.

"We went out for lunch and did some shopping. You know sumin' light." I answer, yawning again.