Chapter Twenty-Nine*

I sat at the dining table while he ate on the couch, his eyes observing me while I cleaned and prepared my weaponry. Finishing my work and my second beer, I crossed the cabin without a word, piling the dishes in the sink to let them soak. Neither of us had exchanged a word since the interaction on the wall, and it was time to put my plan into action. Maybe I can be like Larsen again?

I verified that the tiny water heater was working, peeking in the coat closet to check the available hot water. Ignoring his gaze on my back, I entered the bathroom, removing my shirt as I walked. Leaving the door open, I stripped and tossed the clothes into the basket, turning on the shower as I waited for the water to heat up. Removing my braids, I felt Ghost's eyes on me, surveying my exposed body.

I didn't say anything, stepping into the tile shower to shut the glass door behind me. I ignored his presence while I washed, taking my time to rub the suds across my body. Ghost grunted in the doorway when I bent over, scrubbing my feet while positioning myself to taunt him. Grabbing the shower wand, I sat on the tile bench, finally meeting his hungry gaze as I positioned the strong stream of water between my legs.

The pressure from the water felt incredible and I allowed my head to fall back, my arousal quickly building as I imagined Ghost between my legs. His tongue felt so strong in my mouth that I nearly moaned at the image of him imitating the way he'd consumed my lips. I heard Ghost walk away, his boots loud on the vinyl floor, and I smirked before a moan escaped. I was getting under his skin.

My spine arched as the orgasm approached, my toes beginning to curl. The water suddenly shifted in temperature, the heat quickly fading until the ice cold stream made me hurl the wand. "Fuck you!" I shouted, realizing that he'd turned off the water heater, and I heard the breathy laugh from around the corner.

Groaning in defeat, I finished rinsing in the freezing water before twisting the knob. Grabbing a towel, I dried off, taking my time to get the water from my thick hair as I observed myself in the mirror. I'd gained back the weight I'd lost since the forced starvation, my muscles returned and improved. Why did Ghost think that I needed to be broken? I look strong.

After brushing my teeth and fighting with the knots in my hair, I left the bathroom. Ignoring Ghost's smug gaze from where he stood by the sink, kindly washing the dishes, I entered the bedroom. Grabbing an ex-boyfriend's button-up that he'd forgotten, I dressed in the black shirt. The material allowed my rear to poke out and I decided to slip on a pair of red panties before strapping my garter belt onto my right thigh.

Leaving my bedroom, I went straight to the dining table, strapping my pistol on the belt while Ghost made a strained noise. I'd placed my foot on a chair, using the support to slip the gun into place. Still in the position, I taunted, "Still wanting to be in control?"

Ghost grunted in irritation and arousal, glaring at me when I looked over to him. "Do you think you're clever? Taunting a black ops sniper?"

I smirked, unbuttoning the top three buttons, before dropping my foot to the floor. "I'm willing to risk it. I'll give you two choices. Admit defeat and you can take me on any surface in this cabin, or leave. I'll see you in the morning for training."

Ghost's brown eyes flashed with my offer, his gaze dropping to observe me slowly before he decided, "See you in the morning."

I nodded, unsurprised by his decision. While he finished his beer, I entered my bedroom, pulling out my fluorescent vibrator. Carrying the object with me as I continued to taunt him, I led him to the door, enjoying how his eyes narrowed on the vibrator. "Night." I shut the door behind him, sighing in defeat. This was going to be harder than I though.

I put the vibrator away; I merely wanted to put the idea in his head of using it on me. Grabbing a book about various fighting styles, I jumped onto my bed, propping myself with pillows while I read. Hours past as I relaxed, familiarizing myself with techniques I'd researched before. This particular text focused on pressure points, and I studied the anatomy closely.

A knock at the door drew my attention and I saved my place in the book, knowing that Ghost was too stubborn to return. Fluffing my drying hair, I skipped over to the front door, greeting as I opened the door, "Hi, König."