Chapter 4

(One day Payu's parents go for dinner to a friend's place)

Chris: Yo, uncle and aunty, ready to grub? (he says a bit rudely)

Payu mom: Yeah, it's been forever since we caught up!

Payu dad: So, what's the plan, Chris?

Chris: Still figuring it out.

Payu mom: Any exciting ideas?

Chris: Yep, still brainstorming. (Inner thoughts: Why are they interrogating me? I am pursuing music, but if I tell aloud, they will talk bad.)

Mr. Clark: Hey there, Ray, or should I go with Mr. Sermsongwittaya, Sir?

Payu dad: Just call me Sir.

Mr. Clark: Oh, the nerve!

(Payu mom playfully pinches and hits Payu dad)

Payu dad: He asked for it!

Payu mom: Hey, Clark, how's life and work?

Mr. Clark: Good.

Mrs. Clark arrives: Sorry, I'm late, got caught up with Chris's boyfriend.

Payu mom: Boyfriend? Seriously? Can we meet the lucky guy?

Mr. & Mrs. Clark and Chris: Sure.

Chris: Oh, you gotta meet him; he's adorable. I've also invited a couple of friends; you should meet them too.

Payu mom and dad: Sure, our pleasure.

(At the dinner table, Payu mom and dad see Rain with two other alphas and two omegas and hope that Rain isn't Chris's boyfriend, though they didn't think about Rain that way.)

Payu mom: Hey, party people!

Payu dad: Hello, pals? You guys Chris's crew?

(They all exchange greetings and sit down)
(Mrs. Clark and Chris introduce everyone, and Payu mom and dad wish that Rain is just a friend, and the other omega is the boyfriend, but things take an unexpected turn)

Chris: So, there's Rain, my boyfriend.

Rain: (Gives a cute smile)

Mrs. Clark: Yep, he just introduced us to Rain this morning. He's such a sweet kid, unlike this troublemaker.

Payu mom: How did you guys meet?

Chris: We met at the university. He needed help, and being the senior, I helped him, and we got close.

Mrs. Clark: According to our talk, he outscored you in everything. He excels in everything, even better than you. Destiny brought him to you.
(Everyone laughs)

Chris: Mom, chill.
(Payu mom and dad feel a bit disappointed that Rain is already taken)

Rain: So, hi, uncle and aunty, want more noodles? (politely asks Payu mom and dad, sensing something is off)

Payu mom: Thanks, dear.

Rain: Aunty, want some leaf curry? (asks Mrs. Clark)