Chapter 5

(After a week, they finally dig up Rain's details and are more impressed by his behavior and academics. Having seen his attitude and qualities, they consider proposing marriage.)

(Rain returns home after his regular classes and finds some familiar faces leaving, promising to come back soon.)

Rain: Hey there, Mom, I'm home.

Rain's Mom: Hi, son. We have some guests leaving.

Payu's Mom: Hi kiddo, nice to meet you again.

Payu's Dad: Hope to see you again. Bye, dear.

Rain (confused): Hi, Aunty, Uncle.

Payu's Mom and Dad: We'll take our leave. Bye, Mr. and Mrs. Lee. Thank you for your time.

Rain's Mom and Dad: You're welcome. It was our pleasure to meet you. Bye.

Rain (still confused): Bye, Uncle, Aunty.

(After they leave, Rain recalls them as the Uncle and Aunty from lunch the other day and asks his parents who they are and why they came.)

Rain's Mom: Son, did you meet them before?

Rain (thinking he's busted for the dare of acting like a boyfriend): Yes, I met them at a friend's house.

Rain's Dad: See, I told you my son takes all spotlight wherever "he is"; he is so special.

Rain's Mom: Be serious, dear.

Rain (feared): What happened, Mom? What did they say? Why did they come?

Rain's Dad: They actually said they liked you.

Rain (confused): What? Did they really say so? Did they come all this way to tell you that?

Rain's Mom: Actually, they saw you on some occasions and found you perfect for their family.

Rain: Sorry what?

Rain's Dad: They're proposing marriage, Rain.

Rain: Marriage? So early? Why? What did you say, Mom, Dad?

Rain's Dad: We said we'll think about it.

Rain's Mom: They were well-mannered and straight to the point. They praised you a lot.

Rain's Dad: They're also owners of a successful company. We think it's a good proposal, but your decision is final. Think about it. It might be an early call, but we may not find a better proposal.

(After a week, Rain's parents invite Payu's parents to their home for a day.)

Payu's Mom and Dad: Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Lee.

Rain's Mom and Dad: Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Sermsongwittaya.

Payu's Mom and Dad: Where is Rain?

Rain's Mom and Dad: He's upstairs with his friend.

Payu's Mom and Dad: Doesn't he know we're here?

Rain's Mom and Dad: Actually, we wanted to talk to you before making a decision.

Payu's Mom and Dad: Sure.