Chapter 9

(At home, Rain is busy baking cookies and cupcakes. While taking out the last tray from the oven, he unknowingly burns his hand.)

Rain: Good evening, P'Payu!

Payu: Hey, Rain.

Rain: You're so early today, anything special?

Payu: Actually...

Rain: Actually, I made some cookies and cupcakes for you, P'Payu. Here, taste them and tell me how they are. (He puts some on a tray and hands it to Payu.)

Payu: I don't like chocolate, Rain. Anyway, get ready, we have a party to attend. Dress in something formal.

Rain: (feeling disappointed because he made chocolate chip cookies and cupcakes) But these are really tasty, P'Payu. At least taste them for my sake. It took me the whole day to prepare them.

Payu: Rain, I already said I can't be what you wish for and eat whatever you feed me. Now, get ready.

Rain: But, P'Payu, just taste it. I'll feed you. Come on, have a bite. Na, na, na. (He brings a cupcake to Payu's mouth, cutely asking him to eat.)

Payu: (takes the cupcake from Rain's hand and puts it back on the tray) Rain, get ready. We're getting late.

Rain: (disappointed but covering his misery) Where are we going, P'Payu? What kind of dress should I wear? Something formal like a suit or something posh like hoodies or blazers?

Payu: Rain, be a bit more formal today. We're going to a business partner's success celebration, and I want you to be on your best behavior.

Rain: (feeling Payu is rude) Okay, P'Payu. As you say. But Rain has never been a troublemaker for you. Rain is always good for you, Payu.

Payu: Get ready fast. I'll be waiting. (He goes to his room to dress himself.)

(Rain feels happy since it is the first time after marriage that they are going somewhere as a couple.)

(In the car on the way to the party)

Payu: (to the driver) Go a bit faster; we're already late.

Driver: Okay, sir.

Rain: Whose party are we going to, P'Payu? Are Uncle, Auntie, and P'Saifa also coming?

Payu: We're going to Uncle Clark's party...

Rain: Oh, Chris's parents' party. So, it must be because of their son's (Chris's first music show on a bigger stage was a success) first show success party.

Payu: You know them?

Rain: Oh, yes. I've known him since college. He's our senior. He was a rockstar. I knew he would be a star someday. Anyway, I must take an autograph today, and also, you know... (Before Rain continues, Payu stops him.)

Payu: (gets irritated) Don't blabber like this to everyone at the party, Rain. Behave yourself.

Rain: Okay, P'Payu. I don't talk like this to everyone. It's just that I wanted to share things with you.

Payu: Anyhow, stop by the flower shop; we'll grab some flowers for the party.

(Payu, Rain gets down, brings some flowers, and the driver drops them off at the party.)