Chapter 18

After Payu's parents left, both Payu and Rain found themselves with some free days. However, Payu struggled to find a divorce lawyer discreetly through his contacts or workers, fearing that people might suspect something and jeopardize their plan. The subsequent plan was relatively straightforward: Payu would locate a lawyer, and Rain would meet the lawyer personally. Payu ensured that the lawyer had no connections with his family and would work independently. Meanwhile, they continued with their daily routines, juggling their university and work commitments.

To maintain appearances, Payu and Rain took on extra household chores, with Payu occasionally sending a driver to avoid drawing attention. They went to great lengths to convince others that they had reconciled, even introducing each other to friends. During a casual dinner outing with Payu's friends and later Rain's, they skillfully navigated conversations about their relationship.

Life continued with its usual ups and downs, but they still needed to address potential stalkers and gather evidence to support their staged sexual relationship. Payu discreetly brought in various items, like condoms and aphrodisiacs, various flavored lube only to be locked in a cupboard while they remained on the lookout for a suitable lawyer. Despite being in the second phase of their plan, which required significant time, they maintained their façade.

One day, Rain, Sky, Payu, and Praphai met at a bar in a private space:

Praphai: Hey, it's been a while, stormy. Hi, Nong Rain, Nong Sky.

Payu: Not everyone has their secretary handling their workload. While some of us need to put in the effort.

Rain and Sky: Hello, P'Pai.

Praphai: So, are you ready for the race stuff?

Payu: Praphai, we're aware this is your bar, but we must be cautious. If P'Pakin finds out you're talking about it publicly, it could be dangerous. Rain and Sky aren't aware of it. (Whispering with an angry tone)

Rain and Sky exchanged amused glances.

Sky: Oh, so you both race?

Payu: (Glares at Pai)

Praphai: It's just...

Rain: Don't worry, P'Payu. If we reveal it if we try first, the danger will be on us. We will never do anything like that. Sky: We don't want any other trouble. So, Our lips are sealed. 

Pai: Well, you are aware of the danger.........

Payu: No one's in danger, Rain. Relax.

Pai: How can you let your wife be in danger, Payu?

Payu: Stop it.

Praphai: Oh, sorry, soon-to-be-divorced.

This angers Payu as he didn't inform Rain about sharing the news with Praphai. Rain warned him about potential stalkers, and to prove it, Saifah himself was on his parents' side (##I will write Saifah's stalking in further parts##).

Pai: Sorry, Sky, just kidding.

Sky: No need to lie; I already know.

[Shocked, Payu and Pai look between Rain and Sky.]

Rain: Before you interrogate P'Payu, Sky, he's just my bestie. we mostly keep no secrets from each other I can trust him for anything and anyhow I stay with him for the whole day in uni, and he naturally knows when something is wrong with me in my day or change in my habits, so I needed to tell him. He knows me inside out, likewise I know Sky inside and out we are transparent with each other well "mostly"

Payu: Alright, before you grill about Pai, I needed his help with finding a lawyer ASAP. We've got eyes on me, and I can't go searching myself. Plus, he's helping with Phase 2 of the plan involving gossip, complaints, and whatnot. Praphai is trustworthy.