11. Spotlight

Porchay never had felt this self conscious of his sadness than the moment he was in the crowd. He couldn't officially go in the middle of it, to protect him. It would be too easy to attack the boy, so he was sat at the bestest place, with two bodyguards on each side. It was not normal, it wasn't a simple concert but it was more than he could ever hope for. Porchay was poor. Poor in a money way, poor because of their debts, it was an adjective and some words explaining it all. But he was way more than this, he was a brother studying hard and witnessing his own family work to exhaustion just to survive. It was mentally so hard to continue but he couldn't stop for Porsche and he had a great emotional support : Wik.

Wik had been the one to sit next to him when he was alone, crying, when everything felt wrong, he had been the one he talked to and to send comfort. Metaphorically, far away from Porchay. Wik was an artist but he was more than this, he was a whole heaven, he was a soft cloud to cuddle on when under, on earth, his battles were too hard.

Food was needed to survive.

Water was needed to survive.

A house was needed to survive.

Wik was needed.

Wik was so needed to help him. It could be seen as crazy, Porchay didn't care, Wik was an artist which was bringing so much light in his life.

And yet he couldn't reach him. He couldn't even think about reaching him.

A concert cost money.

Porchay had no money.

However, Wik was a necessity for his mental health.

He couldn't afford it.

The boy always thought that everything was judged too quickly, partying, going to concerts, buying books, everything was considered as something which wasn't perfect to survive when it was a huge part. Humans weren't made to eat and drink, they were made to either create or absorb the creation to create themselves something in their life. Wik was this for Porchay, he was a strength for his everydays, he was needed as much as food or water, it wouldn't give him the physical element for his body to work, but it would nourish his soul and soothe his wounded hearts, giving him hope.

He couldn't afford it. He couldn't and even if he would have gone, he would have felt bad for going, using that precious money. His heart was made of pretty diamonds for Wik but it wouldn't nourish Wik either, he needed money, and the vicious circle would only remind Porchay how this world was about money and power. He hated it.

Even more now that he was sitting with such privilege. Even more now that he could imagine another Porchay at home, another boy or girl or human watching every glimpse on their phone, if they had one, on the internet, if they had it, because it was only what they could get. Not bad but not too good, why them and not me, this sentence rotting in his mind.

His heart clenched when he thought about the day he had witnessed Porsche having such a weird face. Porsche had such a complicated expression and then he closed the laptop, the precious one they had, to go outside. Porchay had looked at it discreetly and his eyes were teary. His Hia was looking at the prince for a Wik concert, in a small place, not a big thing and it was still way more than they could afford. It broke him to see that even his Hia was trying to make him happy without thinking of himself first and he was also warm, because he was so loved.

Porchay wasn't a poor boy in the end, he wasn't less than anyone, he just didn't have a lot of money, and this world would make him everydays of his condition.

But Porchay never gave up on hope, because Wik was still living and making art, because he could create a shrine on his desk for him, because whatever if he was never close to the stage, Wik always had sweet words for everyone, he wasn't less of a fan.