22. Confessions under the bars

Kinn stared at Kim suspiciously. He couldn't believe what he might have understood. They had literally worked behind the main family and they didn't even think of letting Kinn know. Kim had made some deal with the minor side, he had involved Porchay in this and didn't even mention it to him. He decided to even give an amount of faith in what Macau said. To be fair, he wasn't really angry about this, he was more disappointed that his younger brother didn't tell him, and that he didn't think that he could trust him. He felt as if communicating with the enemy was easier than with his family.

"Why did you even contact Macau?"

"Porchay suggested it." Kim answered and Kinn's face grew surprised. His brother had let someone else give him advice and he had followed them.

"And how can we be sure of what Macau says?"

"The deal we made with him. In exchange of information, we will help Vegas to free himself from Gun."

Kinn opened his mouth and stood up in disapproval. "You really promised this? About one of our worst opponents?"

"Phi...apparently he is just obeying orders. And he does it to protect Macau from replacing him."

"You know that he wants my head, no?"

It wasn't about them anymore. It was definitely about Kinn and Kim's brotherhood.

"And I won't let him do this." Kim firmly said.

"So you prefer to protect your vicious cousin than to say to your own brother that you made a deal?" Kinn finally let out and it felt so good, so great to just push away the frustration.

"Phi, this isn't how you should interpret this..."

"Then how? Tell me? I might be too what? Closed or whatever you want for you?"

"You're too CLOSE from father, yes that is sure..." Kim let out with a despicable expression, the annoyance in Kinn's voice beginning to annoy him.

"What is he doing here?"

"I am too suspicious of him and you respect him too much for me to peacefully talk about this to you!"

"What do you mean by this? You're really telling me this easily that you don't trust me?" Kinn's expression was filled with rage, a rage which was a translation of the betrayal and pain he was feeling.

"Phi! That's the contrary! I can't protect you if you give to someone I consider our enemies information!...I just...don't want to hurt you too...if I am wrong...even if I don't believe one second in his innocence..." Kim screamed louder at first and it might have been the first time in years that he had heard his little brother talk like this.

"Protecting?" Kinn repeated, a little dumbfounded.

"What for did I try to get information from Porchay?" Kim added, his nerves boiling.

"And you ended up the victim..." Kinn mocked Kim with a soft smile and it calmed down Kim a small amount.

"I am really tired of arguing with you..." Kim sat down on the sofa.

"Me too..." Kinn sighed. "Drink?" Kinn asked and Kim nodded. "Tell me all that you know." Kinn added after serving them.

--

"That's literally...the weirdest jail situation I ever witnessed." Pete laughed lightly, walking the stairs.

"Every situation I am in sounds weird." Porsche answered back with a soft smile.

"Oh Big, you're here, for ?" Pete asked, he didn't have any order explaining that they would be two watching over Porsche unless...

"I am protecting Khun Porchay."