14. Power

Kim looked in the rearview mirror and as he had thought Big had followed him perfectly. He wasn't someone he asked for some tasks to be done for nothing, he was good but the boy hoped for him to be a little less professional. He could have just made Porchay believe that he would follow Kim but it was a good sign that Big would listen to his order, even Porchay, and he wouldn't want to lie to Porchay. Not anymore but he wasn't liking the idea of being spied on. Kim knew that it wasn't about this, but it felt the same, because in his heart he was on an alone mission and it would stay like this, with Big watching over him. Big lurking at his every move. Big being here was really messing with his habits.

Porchay had power. Porchay could make Kim change his whole way of doing things. He understood his boyfriend. If he had told him that he was going alone, Kim would have pouted the same way. He would have kept it discreet, but he would have sulk. It would have been dangerous, way too dangerous and Kim would have never thought like this before.

He had a soft power pushing him in recognising his own existence, his own safety. Only now, he was aware that he could also die, that he could find more than just information on that road, a road which could be way more dangerous than he had first thought. Kim never thought, he couldn't think because it was in his education, he knew what to do and how to do it. He was confident because there was no other way with Korn. He needed to just do it but now he clearly was observing that doing depended on him but also on the ones who would let him or not do it.

Porchay would be a weakness, Kim was sure that if he had a casual conversation with his father about this matter, he wouldn't see it as a strength. Kim might have thought this way too, if he didn't let Porchay's power embrace his own emotional side, he would have rejected him just the way he mostly had done, not facing the possibility that being two brains, two arms, or two feet might help. Kim was more aware of the dangerousness of his mission, he knew that he could not come home alive and he couldn't, so he was more careful, he also didn't want to let Porchay alone for a long time, so he needed to be faster. Looking at it this way, it felt way more satisfying to have Porchay's power by his side.

His eyes, his voice, his arms crossed against his chest and his worried pupils. Everything had shaken Kim, and everything made him decide something even his own brothers wouldn't have been able to make him do, it might be because they weren't from this world and they saw the necessity of doing it, or because he was also never around and they never knew what he was doing.

His phone vibrated and Kim looked at Porchay's head, smiling brightly, and Porsche smiling but not having the same gaze. His boyfriend was craving his love through the screen, his brother-in-law was keeping a steady look, as if he was challenging Kim to do anything bad to Porchay. Kim laughed for some second, Big jumped a little not prepared to hear this and even less from Kim. Porsche was definitely something and it would be so delightful to witness Kinn being head over heels or being scolded by this man who, like Porchay, seemed to not let things go only one way. It might be the Kittisawat's power, not being scared of voicing their thoughts, not always staying undercover and not being scared of Kinn or Kim. They looked like a wall they couldn't reach, and yet the Kittisawat jumped over that same wall to see and dig out things they didn't even think that he had or still had in stock.

Kim sighed. He needed to be home soon.

He walked, Big waiting at the entry, inside of the orphanage. It was old, it looked bad but he wasn't surprised, money was always a problem in this type of place. There was a huge gate, he had to ask to be able to get inside, a big garden and a really bad looking house. Kim was even astonished that some people would still live there.

He didn't like the atmosphere.

The more he walked, the less he believed that this orphanage was still welcoming children. It looked more abandoned. Souls had been trapped here, in some drawing on the walls, in some shape of games children could have played on or with around, but nothing recent. However, Kim didn't find that the place was closed, someone even opened the gate for him. Kim discovered the sudden idea and need of asking for help, of not working alone. He texted Big to tell him that something wasn't right.