37. Desperate case 💔

(Hi🥺✨️💗 how is this day for you? I hope so good, please take all the rest and comfort possible 🫂✨️ next chapter is here and remember that I don't write sad endings 🥹 take care 💗 love you 💗)

“Do I really need to stay with you?” Vegas asked, annoyed and staring coldly at Kinn.

Kinn had been clear. Gun was dead. Korn was dead. He was the next leader. They should follow him and Vegas should shut his mouth. It was satisfying for Kinn to witness his cousin not talk back. He had understood the power that Kinn had now and he knew that by choosing the other side, he was counting on him, he was needing him to save Macau. 

He didn’t even react to his father’s death. In fact, it felt kinda far away. He felt as if it was Gun who died and not dad. He didn’t know how he would be, how Macau would be but for now they were in movement and this was clearly stopping him from dwelling more about that news. 

He was waiting for it. When he saw that their men weren’t winning, that they were being killed one by one, he had the thought that Gun would follow the same path. It wasn’t surprising, not at all. However, Macau's situation was something else he didn’t expect but needed to end. 

He had no idea that his father got into contact with Porsche’s uncle. He had no idea that he was part of a plan. It was pissing him more than anything. He couldn’t do anything, anything at all because he didn’t know. His anger against his father was even stronger now. He tried to get his hand on an ally, surely by promising him gold, and now Macau was a victim, he still was even if he was on the good side, the winner side. 

Kinn had decided to divide themselves into different teams. Pol who would join them, Pete and Time needed to run to Kim, Porchay and Big. And then, Kinn and Vegas would go to Porsche and Macau. It was thought through. If there was no one else than Kinn, Vegas couldn’t take any hostage. He didn’t think that he would but he would always doubt him. Now he was more reassured. He had no possibility of taking any advantage and they had the same objective, saving two people in danger in the same room. It was a winning situation too, they needed to collaborate.

“You need.” Kinn answered firmly. They didn’t meet that many men but they were carefully walking through corridors. “Look at this as a guarantee  and stop acting like a brat. I won’t let anything happen to Porsche even if Macau needs to be sacrificed.” Kinn kept his silence and smiled when Vegas’ expression was full of hatred. “But you won’t let anything happen to Macau even if Porsche needs to be sacrificed. Don’t you think that they all win?” 

Vegas mumbled in his non-existent beard but he had to agree. He needed to agree. Kinn got all the points right. 

“What's the plan then?”

“None…his uncle is unstable. We need to negotiate with him. We just need to negotiate and it might work.”

“I guess that you will be the one to do it?” Vegas rolled his eyes.

“Yes. I am the leader now. I am the one he can get the most of.”

“And me? What should I do?” 

“Hide. I don’t want him to know that you are here. I want him to be surprised. He needs to know that we aren’t on the same side so I can negotiate Porsche as my important one and Macau has a really important hostage against the minor family.”

“Your plan only works on him being able to believe you?” Vegas furrowed an eyebrow.

“Yes.”

“I don't like this, at all.” 

Kim had no hope. He had no faith at all, even some miracle didn’t feel like being able to save them. He could feel his tiredness, the way his body was recovering, the way he wasn’t liking at all all of the moves the boy already made. Porchay was right. He shouldn’t move. Porchay was his rational help but Kim didn’t have this side. In fact, he would prefer to die irrationally in control of his last action than anything else. Porchay believed too many times that he would die from those punches to even try to play with death. They were looking at each other from their own point of view, and they understood through love what the other's heart meant.