16. Intruder

Kim and Big were in their car, following the one which just ran over. They were driving in the direction of the main house, some more kilometres and they would be home, Kim didn't like this. It was hard to get closer to it but they still did until they disappeared after throwing something exploding fog in the air, blinding Kim and Big who needed to stop.

"Fuck!" Kim screamed, but he was surprised to just witness the car turning at some point on a street. With the time they were stuck, the car should have vanished since a moment but it was their only clue. They drove faster and faster until they could finally reach it.

The car had stopped by itself. It looked so suspicious that Big and Kim stayed on their own a moment before getting out and trying to have a closer look.

There was no one inside. The car had been programmed to stop there.

They got played.

It meant that another car with those people was now driving somewhere.

"Let's go home NOW!" Kim told Big, not reassured at all and his phone rang when he sat down on his seat.

It was Pete.

-Khun Tankhun and Khun Porchay got attacked. They are safe.-

Kim's heart skipped a beat, the words were moving like a horror movie beginning while he wasn't able to hide from the most traumatic scene, Kim breathed, he gulped down out of relief but then he was thinking more clearly, those men here and what happened at the main house : it felt that they had more than some enemies to take care of.

-

"KHUN! KHUN! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" Porchay heard, still being stuck into someone's chest, kneeling on the ground, he could feel another body shaking. It wasn't his, he couldn't realise what happened, he got crushed into Tankhun's arms too rapidly.

"Phi...Phi?" He whispered and Tankhun seemed to hear him, he softened his grip and slowly fell down on his ass. He looked frightened, terrified, somewhere else, not here, far away, his eyes seeing images from the past added to the one he was living in. Porchay crawled to him carefully. "Phi? Are you hurt ?"

Tankhun didn't answer, he just pulled Porchay in his arms again and hugged him tightly. The boy caressed his back and the older man stopped shaking.

"Wha-what happened?" Tankhun asked, moving away slowly, his eyes red with unshed tears.

"You're safe. You're both safe." Pete helped them to stand up and moved them inside, giving signs to other bodyguards to take care of the dead body.

"Pe-Pete?" Tankhun asked, being pushed with Porchay tenderly on a sofa.

"Yes, Khun?"

"Am I...really alive?"

"Phi! You are!" Porchay told him immediately, intertwining their arms. Tankhun rested his head against the boy's shoulder.

"Chay...are you? Are we?" He repeated, his voice sounded like a wave, the one ready to explode on the sand, not knowing if it would erase some precious humans or elements of his life.

"You are. You are safe." Pete smiled, and when Tankhun nodded, he walked away, steps looking menacing.

"Phi...did someone attack us?"

"It looks...like this..."

Porchay's lips began to mumble. He was having a hard time being conscious of what just happened, he hadn't seen anything. The boy's let tears fall down. It was just so shocking for him. Being beaten up was something, awful horrible, hearing a gun at some millimetres from his ear was beyond anything. Different. Nothing to compare. But his heart was beating faster and faster and his arm began to shake too. He just had been the witness of a gunshot and it was nothing agreeable. He was thankful that Tankhun hid his view. He had no idea about his reaction if he had seen a man dying, he might see one one day but now, not now, not when he was just opening the door of this world, the one which looked so unwelcoming.