39. Miracle in death 🪽

(And the second chapter 🥹💗✨️)

It happened so fast and so violently that neither Kim or Porchay understood how their bodies could just fall so rapidly on the ground. There were gunshots, suddenly, gunshots and their consciousness back after falling was the moment Big fell in front of them.

He had used his last incredible faith and strength to push them on the ground and take their place. He was their bodyguard. If he needed to die, he wanted it to not be from that bullet but from assuring their safety. He wanted to win time. He wanted to create confusion. He wanted to be the shield making the difference. It was his work but more than this, it was in his heart. He had seen their love. He had been surprised to witness how Kim could love openly when loved enough by someone showing his emotions, someone who wasn't from his family and would break his natural boundaries to make him evolve in this world, grow everydays, experiment.

He had been surprised but he also liked to discover this part he would have ignored if Porchay didn't appear in Kim's life. He wanted to protect this too. He also thought that his chances of surviving with that bullet weren't huge, so offering hope for life to the ones who could survive was something he was willing to do.

Kim fell hard and his body didn't like this at all. He stayed mostly unconscious, not understanding and being lost in all of that pain he was feeling from the surgery. All he could feel after was arms, arms hugging him tightly and the terror of something going on around.

Porchay quickly realised that they were the next one. Big did his best, he didn't want to look at him, to check his state, not now, not now that he was already drenched in his blood, not now that Kim was on the ground and not protected, not now that he could hear them walking further inside.

The surprise worked well, very well. Enemies had been taken aback by Big. But the bodyguard down, they knew what was left to do, they knew about the boys hiding between the beds.

Porchay wrapped his arms tightly around Kim, closing his eyes, waiting for the impact. He had the time to wonder what type of pain could create a bullet, how it would stretch his inside to the point of making it explode.

Guns were heard.

"Khun!"

Porchay raised his head and opened his eyes urgently.

Pete. Pete was here with Pol. They were here.

And close to them, Big's body, which already became a corpse.

--

"Chay!" Porsche screamed, getting in the room not so long after. He couldn't rest, not at all, he had pushed Kinn to help him to get here. The view froze his heart. Kim looked unconscious on a bed, he was surely resting but when he heard the voice, his tired eyes opened some seconds before closing back.

Blood. There was blood everywhere. It was terrifying, a real crime scene from the corpse of the minor family to Big. Porsche stared at him, in disbelief. They never really got along but he knew how much of his heart he was putting in it, and he surely lost his whole soul today. He surely lost his whole life to assure their safety. Porsche's eyes got teary. He couldn't imagine how it went here.

And when he focused totally on his first goal, finding Porchay, he let out a cry out of worries. He was sitting next to Kim, his knees curled up against his chest. His eyes were livid, his pupils looked far away, his hand was squeezing Kim's one. He didn't look calm, he looked as if something breathtaking just took all of his energy away. His face was one of the ones who saw too much, who saw what they might have not been able to support. And the blood. The red which was colouring his clothes and his skin so vividly, so horribly. It pushed Porsche to finally move, move and run to him even if his leg shook from the pain.