12. Masquerade

"Get rid of this smile, you're on my territory now." Kim said, his voice sharp and unwelcoming. He didn't like this, he would have loved Macau to be as innocent and mafia less than he had thought.

"And we aren't dogs Phi!" Macau mocked him. He walked closer, took a chair and sat in front of them. "So, little kitti? Kitty really suits you...oh please Phi! Let that face out, I am not going to hurt your boyfriend." He sighed, annoyed by Kim's attitude.

"So...you know?" Porchay just blushed.

"Yeah...I mean I wasn't interested but then my Hia came all smiles and just told me that the Theerapanyakul are never learning in love, bla bla bla...he was just happy to witness some weakness."

Kim relaxed a small amount, trying to play the stronger one, even if his grab on Porchay's thigh gave his boyfriend the clue that he was far from feeling well. "And you? How did you feel hearing this?"

"Nothing. Literally. I don't care about all of this..."

"Please Macau, don't act stupid...everyone knows that the goal of your family is to take the lead..."

"And? Should it be mine too?" Macau asked, pushing Kim into wondering, it was a dangerous game, trying to understand if they were doing good or opening a whole jail for the main family.

"What's yours?" Porchay finally spoke.

"And if I don't have any? I will be honest...I liked this concert, I liked the noise...I like that money, I like my privilege...but I don't need more...just keeping that life for now...finishing school and we will see."

"You don't need more?" Kim smirked. "You don't want to be the head of the family ? Isn't it your father's favourite dream?"

"As you said. My father's."

"What about your brother?" Porchay asked, getting more confident.

"My Hia...is kinda... in a real mess..."

"It's Vegas, he IS a mess." Kim sarcastically added.

"He can be...but let's be clear. My Hia is only doing this for my father, he was trained for this, and he is doing everything for me to stay out of this, if he can satisfy my father, this one wouldn't have to use me..."

"Wait, are you turning Vegas into a victim?" Kim asked, rolling his eyes.

"This shows how good he is at acting...Phi Kim, he is the worst to be able to do the worst that my father can ask...If I was you, I would be really scared because of my brother...he is ready to do it all..."

"You're not helping us here..." Kim sighed, he wanted to believe even less Macau now. He was feeling more defensive, his muscles were tightened and his voice calm but firm, as if he was negotiating an important business.

"P'Kim...Macau just wants us to help them...right?" Porchay tried.

"You're smart you kitty!" Macau said happily. "For my defence I don't want your help or anything, I knew that your invitation wasn't only for my pleasure...but if I can contribute to stop the damage."

"How did I never know that you were like this?" Kim asked, doubtful.

"Cousin! You know better than anyone that no one is really what they show in our family...also, you were the one to give me an innocent role...I never said that I was...I have ears like everyone and my father isn't the most discreet man on earth...but as I said, I am not interested in this game of throne. I just want to keep my life steady and that's not on the program."

"A program which is?" Kim asked, looking like an investigator.

"Which is to snatch power from you at your weakest moment...and now it's looking perfect..." Macau said, standing and walking around the room. "Phi Kinn is in love...Phi Kim is in love...my uncle Korn is doubted by you...the whole family is wondering what the fuck happened with the bodyguard who ended up in the boss' bed...you had that problem with the italians too...like my brother helping out while Phi Kinn was at the hospital would have been a normal help if we were a normal family. He showed that he was doing a great job, better than Phi Kinn who ended up injured...and most said for a man..." He laughed in a really fancy way, playing like the theatre actor he always had wanted to be.