CHAPTER - 20

After they bathed together, Kan took Beam to eat at a restaurant near his room. But before leaving the bathroom, Kan had already looked closer for fear that the young man would not be able to walk. When they finished eating and were full, Kan led Beam to Wat Huay Mongkol temple.

-Even during the week, there are a lot of people, said Beam when he got out of the car and saw a bunch of tourists

- Well, this temple is very famous. So where should we start first? Kan asked.

-Beam wants to worship Luang Pu Tuad, Beam said with a smile.

Today, the sun was not so strong, so Kan and Beam went to buy flowers, incense sticks and candles, then went upstairs to pay their respects to Luang Pu Tuad. All the way up the stairs, Kan always held Beam's hand

-You are tired? Kan asked as he saw sweat dripping down Beam's hair.

-No, answered Beam smiling. When they went up to the area where the tourists pay respect, they both lit incense and candles to stand next to worship.

Beam looked at Kan's frown and smiled slightly before beginning to pray in his heart.

-Today, your son Beam came to pay his respects to Luang Pu Thuat. May all the merits you do today, however small, be sent all the merits. Therefore, may all who love Beam be happy. May my family experience only good things. May Phi Kan be happy with the person Kan loves. In this life, he may not be Kan's soul mate. But if we come to another life, please let Beam meet Kan and we become soul mates.

Beam had tears in his eyes, because he believed that in this life he was not born to be destined for Kan. When he finished praying, Beam put incense on, while Kan did the same.

-Beam, what's wrong? Why does Beam look like he's going to cry? Kan, who turned to meet Beam's eyes, asked in surprise.

-Eh...Beam's eyes were stinging... Just now, the smoke from the incense entered my eyes. Beam lied, but he apologized to the saint for lying.

-Let me take a look Kan pushed Beam away and stood up in the other corner before pulling a handkerchief from his pants pocket and wiping the corners of Beam's eyes. Beam got up and cleaned himself, not wanting Kan to know he was lying.

-Don't rub your eyes, okay? They will swell, Kan replied. Beam stood up and looked at Kan with loving eyes. He felt warmth in his heart when Kan was kind to him like that.

"Beam is so happy," Beam said softly.

- Because you are happy? Kan asked.

-I'm glad that today we both had the chance to make merit together, Beam said with a happy heart.

- Well, I'm grateful too, Kan replied with a smile.

"It's good to go to the temple once in a while," Kan said again.

-Beam is glad Phi Kan is doing well, Beam said with a smile.

-Nong, should we go pay homage to the monks elsewhere? Kan proposed. Beam immediately nodded.

- Come on, answered Beam.

The two went to deserve the golden gold. They walked through the temple together. They felt satisfied that they had come to make merit. Kan and Beam walked around the temple for a while. Time had passed and it was almost noon.

-Where else do you want to go? Kan asked when he got to the car.

-Beam wants to play in the water, Beam immediately answered.

-Hey, you're going to play. But I think it's not good to play in the sun. Kan said

-So, when are we going to play? Beam asked softly, because he wanted to swim. Kan smiled knowing Beam was afraid he couldn't swim.