CHAPTER - 29

Kan's parents were amazed, with their mouths open as they saw their eldest son helping the youngest chef, even though he had never even tried in the past.

-What is this? Kan's father asked as he looked intently at his smiling housekeeper.

- Well... Nong Beam wanted to show off his cooking skills for you to try, so Khun Kan is helping him, said the housekeeper.

-And you let them do that? Kan's father said harshly.

- It wasn't her, Beam did it himself, Beam said in a low voice because he didn't want the housekeeper to be scolded.

-If uncle and aunt don't want to eat Beam's food, then Beam will take it, the young man said with a sad face before reaching out to turn off the gas stove.

-If you already did it, why throw it away? It will just be a waste of money, Kan's father said with a fierce expression.

- So dad is okay with eating Beam's food? Kan asked.

-I need to eat something, I'm hungry, said Kan's father, before immediately leaving the kitchen. Kan's mother followed close behind. Kan, Beam, Joe and Graf looked at each other and smiled. Beam continued to cook while Joe and Graf went to set the table for dinner.

-What are those children thinking? Kan's father complained as he entered his room to change his clothes. - They probably want us to accept

the story of Kan and Beam, he answered

Kan's mother.

-So shallow, you think I'll be able to accept that, right? Kan's father said again. Kan's mother sat quietly at the foot of the bed, deep in thought.

-I didn't know Nong Beam could cook too, Kan's mother said unexpectedly.

-Are you going to be gentle just because Beam came to cook for us? Kan's father confirmed the same words.

Sigh...

- I know, but what do we do? If the two insist on meeting, surely they won't break up, right? Kan's mother asked. Kan's father was also a bit careful.

-That's another story. I'm hungry, let's eat first, Kan's Father interrupted the conversation, because he still couldn't think of anything. When the two arrived in the dining room, they found that everything was ready. The other 4 people sat down to wait for them. Seeing Kan's parents come to the table with a peaceful expression on their faces, Joe stood up to make room for Graf's parents to sit on the chair.

-Uh, thanks, said Graf's mother, a little stunned before sitting down. Joe smiled and turned to sit next to Graf as usual. Kan's father looked at the food on the table and saw that it was actually their favorite food.

-Wait a minute, Beam will give you some rice, Beam said before standing up to get a bowl of rice and put it on Kan's father's plate, they both stood still before Beam gave it to the others and they returned to sit down.

Do you think doing this will make Uncle accept Beam's relationship with Kan? Kan's father asked in disbelief. Beam smiled slightly.

-Beam didn't do it for his uncle to accept him. Beam did it because you are the parents of the person Beam loves. Phi Kan's parents are like Beam's parents, the young man said with a smile.

- It's good of you to say that. But uncle didn't you can accept it anyway, Kan's father said again before he started eating putting the food in his mouth.

Kan's father had to pause because he really liked the taste of the food, but he didn't say anything. Everyone at the table started. Let's eat together.

-Aunty, try this curry with papaya and oranges. Beam made it really delicious. Joe poured the orange curry into a small bowl and placed it next to Graf's mother's bowl of rice, which froze the lady because she was not used to it. Son's friend taking care of her like that.