3

Lin Konglu's tone was unusually urgent, and he looked at Pan Zhuoyi unwaveringly, waiting for the answer.

Pan Zhuoyi was curious and asked, "Do you know Captain Jiang?"

Lin Konglu was speechless for a moment, thinking: Maybe he is his ex-boyfriend, does that count as an acquaintance?

"Probably." He finally nodded and replied vaguely.

If Captain Jiang is really the male protagonist.

"What a coincidence." Upon hearing this, Zhao Zhouzhi sighed and said, "Mr. Xiao Jiang and Major Chen are not here. They led the team out in the morning."

Lin Konglu was disappointed when he heard this, but then asked: "When will they come back?"

"It's hard to say," Zhao Zhouzhi shook his head, "Maybe I'll go back today, or maybe tomorrow..."

Before he finished speaking, there was a sudden "pop" sound next to him.

The three of them immediately followed the sound and breathed a sigh of relief when they saw that the survivor who had been sleeping accidentally dropped the dinner plate.

Lin Konglu was about to look back, but soon realized something was wrong.

No, the man was not careless, his hands were shaking.

Zhao Zhouzhi and Pan Zhuoyi also noticed it, and their expressions instantly became tense. Lin Konglu remained calm and quietly touched the crossbow in his bag.

Sure enough, the next second, the survivor suddenly curled up on the ground, convulsed, and then, without waiting for anyone to react, a mouthful of black blood sprayed on the fallen dinner plate.

The other survivor who was close to him realized something, and his face instantly turned pale. He was so frightened that he hurriedly got up, rolled and crawled towards Lin Kong Lu and the others.

Lin Konglu slowly raised his crossbow, pursed his dry lips tightly, and stared at the person huddled on the ground unwaveringly.

Outside the disinfection curtain, the alert people also noticed the movement, their expressions suddenly changed, and their hands hurriedly pressed the gun.

But in Lin Konglu's eyes, everything seemed to be in slow motion. From the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of the people outside the curtain drawing their guns frame by frame, while the people on the ground were also getting up in twisted postures frame by frame.

Dark brown blood vessels emerged under his skin, spreading from his neck to his face, twisting like tree roots. The eyes quickly became cloudy, turned pale, and then became covered with cobweb-like bloodshot eyes. He opened his mouth, saliva dripped down, and pounced on the person closest to him.

No, we can no longer call him "him", the mutation is too fast.

Lin Konglu's flexed fingers moved slightly, and he calmly shot the arrow, one second faster than the gunfire outside the curtain. The sharp arrow pierced the air and penetrated the zombie's head instantly, followed closely by the bullet.

There was silence in the warehouse for a moment, and everyone looked here. It wasn't until there was a "bang" and the zombie's body fell to the ground that everyone came back to their senses and immediately became panicked and noisy.

"Someone has mutated, how could this happen?"

"Didn't you check it?"

"Just say you shouldn't be quarantined in the warehouse."

"But if it's not here, where else can it be? There's no other safe place."

"..."

In the corner of the warehouse, the rescued survivor breathed a sigh of relief. When he got up again, his legs were a little weak and he hurriedly hid behind Lin Konglu.