59

After the door was opened, Lin Konglu and Jiang Ci followed the old man and walked into the room one after another.

When he was about to close the door, Lin Konglu suddenly turned his head and glanced at the corridor window.

"What's wrong?" Jiang Ci asked with a frown, noticing what he was always looking back at.

Lin Konglu shook his head and said uncertainly: "...Nothing."

Then he closed the door tightly and looked at the old man's home.

Just after he closed the door, a white mushroom quietly poked out of the umbrella cover outside the window sill in the corridor.

The old man's home is a standard two-bedroom apartment, about 60 to 70 square meters. The room is not big, but it is clean, the items are neatly arranged, and there is a TV, refrigerator, and air conditioner.

It's just the end of the world, and the base only supplies electricity for one hour a day, so these electrical appliances are basically useless.

After placing the keys, the old man politely asked the two of them to sit down, then walked to the refrigerator, bent down and took out three wilted apples from the refrigerator that was used as an ordinary locker, and carefully placed them in front of the two of them. "That's all," he said with some embarrassment.

Jiang Ci didn't actually bring rice or noodles. He took out a few boxes of self-heating rice and canned meat from his backpack, put them on the table, and said, "If you don't have rice or noodles, how about using these to change your career?"

After a pause, he added: "We still have a friend at the isolation point, and he still has food. If it's not enough, we'll take some of the apples away first, and we'll trade the rest with you tomorrow."

The old man was stunned and then came to his senses and said hurriedly: "No, that's enough."

Although I didn't get the rice and noodles I wanted, it was already worth it to get these self-heating rice and canned meats. These foods are more filling than apples, and ordinary people are reluctant to exchange them.

"It's just... it's a bit too much." The old man rubbed his hands and said dryly, "If apples don't satisfy your hunger, do you really want to change them?"

Jiang Ci nodded.

Except for the day at the Dongcheng base, the little beauty has not eaten fruit for a long time. How can she not eat fruit when she is pregnant?

In addition, the purpose of the little beauty dragging him to the old man's house must not be just to exchange fruits. The old man's son is an awakened person, and most of the residents in this community are awakened people and their family members.

Jiang Ci didn't just think about changing food for Lin Konglu, so he could naturally guess that his real purpose was to inquire about the situation at the base.

Sure enough, Lin Konglu sat for a while and began to inquire tentatively: "Old man, are most of the people living in your community Awakened? Does the situation like the old money mentioned by the aunt just now happen often?"

The old man sat on the sofa next to the two of them, with his hands on his knees, a little embarrassed. Hearing this, he sighed: "It was not like this when the base was first built. There were not so many awakened people at that time, except for those who lived here from the beginning. , others are allocated rooms on demand.

"Later, Miss He and the others were kicked out, and the situation gradually changed. There were more and more awakened people in the base. Mr. Qin, who took over the base, advocated that there should be more capable people, and that capable people should rely on their strength to make a living.