83

Song Yunwei could only walk home. Before leaving, he kindly told Jiang Ci's grandfather that Jiang Ci was also taken to the military area.

When Mr. Jiang heard this, his expression was gloomy, and he forced a smile to thank him.

At this time, a man who looked like a housekeeper came from the other side of the car pushing a wheelchair.

The young man in the wheelchair had a stern look on his face and looked a bit like Jiang Ci. When he saw Mr. Jiang, he frowned and asked, "Aci hasn't come out yet?"

Although Song Yunwei's parents were both engaged in scientific research, he did business on his own. Before the end of the world, he would occasionally attend cocktail parties with some entrepreneurs in Yunjing. He recognized this person at a glance as the real leader of the younger generation of the Jiang family, Jiang Ci's cousin - Jiang Mian.

Of course, that was before the end of the world, and the Jiang family now is not as good as before. There is no such thing as being in power or not.

It's not just the Jiang family. People are gone, the market is gone, and all order has collapsed. All businessmen who are still alive are in a difficult situation, and ordinary people are even worse. Those like the Jiang family who can still maintain a decent life are already lucky among misfortunes.

But Song Yunwei remembered that before the end of the world, Jiang Mian was not disabled, so why was he suddenly in a wheelchair?

But it’s not easy to ask too much about other people’s family matters. After he told Mr. Jiang that Jiang Ci was not at the isolation point, he said goodbye and left.

Mr. Jiang said goodbye politely. When he walked away, his expression turned sad. He looked at Jiang Mian in the wheelchair and sighed: "It was said that he was picked up by people from the military region, but... Ah Mian, do you think he is still there?" Do you blame me for not coming back?"

Jiang Mian frowned slightly and said consolingly, "Grandpa, don't think too much about it now. I'll ask someone to inquire about it."

Unable to pick up anyone, the grandfather and grandson had no choice but to get in the car and go home.

The car drove to the Jiang family's ancestral home, a villa located in the center of the base. Jiang Mian's father, who was also Jiang Ci's uncle, quickly welcomed him out. Uncle Jiang was relieved to learn that they didn't receive anyone and Jiang Ci was taken to the military area.

Behind him, his wife and young son Jiang Rong couldn't help but smile for a moment.

Jiang Mian was moved from the car to the wheelchair. He accidentally caught a glimpse and frowned slightly.

*

Dawn Base, five days ago, the seventh day after Lin Konglu and others left.

Zhao Xingmo went to the ward to visit Zhao Zhouzhi as usual, washing his father's face, wiping his body, and turning his body.

After doing all this, he stood in front of the hospital bed, silently looking at Zhao Zhouzhi's lifeless face. After an unknown amount of time, he suddenly said hoarsely: "Dad, you have to hold on and wait for me to come back."

That night, Xu Sijia and Zhan Wei returned to their residence and suddenly found a large bag of grain in the room with a note on top of the grain.

After reading the note, the two people's expressions changed drastically, and they hurriedly went to find He Yang.

"Sorry, Sister He, Xingmo is gone." Xu Sijia panted after finding He Yang.

He Yang was stunned for a moment, then asked in a tight voice: "Tell me clearly, what's going on?"