ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛ sᴛᴏʀᴍ

Katherine was with Spencer, Aria, and Hanna in Spencer's kitchen studying, for the SATs.

"It's insane. How many words do they expect you to learn in one night?" Hanna asked.

"Stringent"

"tough. Inflexible" Katherine said before Spencer could.

"It's not like you're gonna actually use 'em"

"Meretricious" Aria said reading off a card.

"It's not like you go to college and you just start speaking a completely different language"

"It's about getting into college"

"Meretricious, phony, flashy" Katherine beat Spencer into saying.

Spencer took a glance at Katerine, with a small smile. Katherine noticed the glance but didn't say anything.

"Oh, Hanna, why are you still eating that?" Aria asked Hanna.

"Cause it's here"

"Put it in the garbage"

"Well, then I'd have to stand over the garbage and eat it"

"Besotted"

Spencer then playfully placed a hand over Katherine's mouth so she could answer this time. "Infatuated, enamored, in love with"

Katherine playfully glared at Spencer and licked her hand.

"Eww, why did you have to lick my hand?" Spencer asked wiping her hand on her shirt.

"Then maybe not put your hand over my mouth babe"

Spencer lightly shook her head and a light blush came onto her cheeks.

"Hey, what did Noel Kahn say to you after the memorial?"

"Hello, we're taking the SATs in less than 12 hours. Can we focus?"

Katherine leaned over to Spencer and kissed her cheek. "Calm down love, everything will be fine" she whispered in Spencer's ear.

Spencer's breath hitched a little but didn't say anything and just nodded.

"Okay, Spencer. You do not need to know any more big words. You're already scary enough to anyone under 50. And so are you Kat"

"I'm not scary! Am I scary?"

"I know I am," Katherine said.

"A little"

Spencer then turned to Kat. "Kat, am I scary?"

Katherine shrugs. "Maybe a little"

"Hey, I saw No Kahn hug you, and he did not wanna let go"

Katherine groaned a little and placed her forehead on Spencer's shoulder. Spencer looked at her and then brought her hand to Katherine's head and lightly patted her cheek.

"Talk about not wanting to let something go"

"Why can't you give him a chance? He's smart, he's cute. His dad owns, like, half of Rhode Island and he's got great lips"

"His father?"

"No, Ew. Seriously, Aria, you and Norl would look amazing together" Hanna said.

Aria turned to look at Hanna. "Can we just drop it, please? I'm not looking for anything more than a friend"

"Why? Don't you have enough on Facebook? Besides, don't you want someone real? Someone, you can, I don't know, scratch and sniff?"

"Wow, maybe you should just eat that over the garbage," Spencer said.