ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴅᴀss sᴇᴇᴅ

Katherine was sitting on the floor in between Spencer and Emily. She had a paper in her hand looking at it and trying to memorize so she could have a higher chance at getting a role she wanted in the play.

"If you're trying out for The Bad Seed, you need to sign up here and wait by the auditorium door until your name is called. Thank you and good luck"

"Start with the line about the stolen medal," Spencer said with her hands against her face.

"Why isn't she wearing any shoes?"

"So she can look short enough to play an 8-year-old. What's my line?"

"I don't see anything about a medal," Emily said looking through the pages.

Spencer leans over to look at Katherine's paper of the play and places her chin on her shoulder. "Huh. That's what the 8-year-old killed her classmate for. The Penmanship Medal. That's why they call her the Bad Seed"

"Penmanship medal, really?"

Spencer looked over at Hanna with her chin still on Katherine's shoulder. "Didn't you read the whole play?" she asked and then moved her head to look at Aria.

"Don't look at me. Hanna and Katherine are the ones trying out. I'm just here to make them look taller"

Katherine shook her head a little with a smile. "I'm already tall hon, you just make me look taller than I am"

Aria playfully rolled her and leaned over and playfully slapped her on the head.

Katherine chuckled and looked back at the paper in her hands that had lines for the play.

"Why do I have to read the whole play? I don't wanna be the bad seed's mother. I wanna be the other mother, the one who's drunk all the time"

Katherine gave her a look and shook her head. "Trust me you wouldn't" she mumbled.

"No comment"

"Are you still ragging on me for bringing a flask to a dance? I don't need another parent, Spence. One's plenty"

"Just be lucky you get to have two parents in your life that's alive" Katherine mumbled once again.

Spencer looked at her and Katherine shook her head.

"Well, has the 'One' figured out that Caleb's in her basement?"

"No, but A has"

"Of course A knows A knows everything have you forgotten?" Katherine asked looking at her.

"What are you gonna do?" Emily asked.

"I'm gonna tell my mom before A gets to her. I'm just gonna ask her if Caleb can stay in the guest room"

"A probably already has"

Spencer took her head off of Katherine's shoulder and looked at her. "Okay, what has gotten into you?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

Katherine shook her head. "Nothing, just saying the truth, or am I not allowed to say the truth"

"I never said that you couldn't tell the truth I'm just asking why are you acting like this?"

"Well, it kinda seems like you are," Katherine said looking at her.

"But I wasn't trying to"

"Yeah, yeah. If you say so, anyway I'm gonna go walk to stretch my legs" Katherine said getting up and walking away.