ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɢɪʀʟ ɪs ᴘᴏɪsᴏɴ

Katherine was walking down the sidewalk with the others (minus Hanna since she was still at her house)

"I thought Hanna was joining us for dinner," Emily said.

"Hanna hasn't eaten since Tuesday"

"Should we grab a pizza and go over there?"

"Not unless the topping is Caleb," Spencer said grabbing Katherine's hand to hold.

"If you guys want to go see her, can you just go without me? I already feel bad enough that I convinced her to tell Caleb"

"With or without you she was backed into a corner"

Katherine nodded her head. "Em's right"

"This 'A' does not feel like a high school girl playing games," Spencer said stopping to turn to them.

"Okay. Well, if you figure out those rules, can you tell the rest of us?"

"You know what? I'm not really hungry" Emily said.

"Me either. My stomach's in a knot"

Katherine nods her head. "Yeah, same"

"So's my neck. I haven't been able to brush the back of my head in, like, a year and a half"

"Spence. Don't let Wilden freak you out. Okay, if the police really knew that we were lying about the lake house--" Aria said but was then cut off by Emily.

"Not just the lake house. What about the negatives of that picture. Ali's missing body, all the things we buried with her-- any of that could get us arrested"

"It's my neck again," Spencer said moving her head around a little.

Katherine looked at her and moved her hand to the back of Spencer's neck and gently started to squeeze her neck. But once the police and an ambulance stopped in front of Garrett's house she stopped and looked at the others before she started to walk closer, with others behind her.

"Are they going to Jenna's?"

Katherine shook her head. "No, Garrett's"

"Well, who else lives in his house besides his parents?"

"I don't think they've been outside since he was arrested," Emily said looking at Garrett's house.

"Having a son in jail for two murders might keep you indoors"

A few seconds later they wheeled out Garrett's mom.

"That's his mom. That's Mrs. Reynolds"

Katherine then saw something in the corner of her eye and looked over there and saw a person in a black hoodie.

"You guys," Aria said pointing to the person Katherine was looking at.

What? What is it? What?"

What?"

The person then turned and looked at Katherine and gave her a small wave and then rushed off.

"There was a hoodie watching," Aria told them but then saw they were gone.

"What are you saying?"

"You think 'A' was out here watching us?" Emily asked.

"Are you sure?"

Katherine nods her head. "I saw it too," she said but left off about 'A' waving at her.

"Why would 'A' care about Garrett's mother?"

"Maybe 'A' wanted her out of the house"

Katherine shrugs. "Maybe"

Katherine was standing by Emily and Spencer and watching Jenna talk to some people.

"What happened to keeping a low profile? Staying blind because she's a target?"

"Look at her. How can you miss her? She's been gliding around school all day like a Thanksgiving float" Spencer said crossing her arms over her chest.

"We should say something to her," Emily said about to walk over to Jenna.

"No. Wait" Spencer said and pulled her back. "Did you get Aria's text about Lucas and the photo studio?"

"Yeah. What was that about?"

Katherine shrugs her shoulders a little.

"Aria says that she knows the photographer who owns the studio. And it's on the same block where she and Hanna saw Lucas on that night"

"So now we think Lucas took the photos in the Graveyard?"

"Well, maybe, but then why was he pounding to get in there?" Spencer asked.

"I can't think about this now. I have a calculus test"

Katherine nodded her head. "same, except I don't calculus I just need to get to class"

"Wait, guys"

"Spence, I really need to get to class," Katherine said and kissed her cheek. "I'll see you both later," she said and walked to her class.

Katherine walked into Spencer's room after her parents let her in on their way out.

"Kat. Hey, what are you doing here? Thought you had to work Jenna's birthday party with Em"

Katherine walked closer to her bed and sat down beside her. "Your parents were on their way out, so they let me in. And I called in sick" she said and wrapped an arm behind her and pulled her into a quick kiss. "But are you okay with me barging in like this? I mean, like did you have any plans?" she asked and brushed her nose against Spencer's nose, then kissed her cheek and then her neck a few times.

"I, um... I did, actually. I was gonna sneak in Garrett's moms hospital room to see what he wrote and then I was gonna come back here and study for my French test coming up"

"If you want me to, I'll leave so you can study or I can ride with you to the hospital"

Spencer shook her head. "No, stay. I can go later, to the hospital"

"Okay, if that's what you want" Katherine said and moved more up Spencer's bed and leaned back against the pillows.

Spencer nods her head and moves so she is now facing her. "I do, I like hanging out with you one on one"

"Hmm. Is that because I'm your girlfriend?" Katherine asked teasing her.

"That, and I get to kiss you without having anyone third wheeling" Spencer said and moved closer to Katherine.

Katherine smiled and pulled her closer. "That is true" she said and kissed her.

Spencer kissed her back and laid on top of her. Katherine ran her hands up and down her back, and Spencer rested her hands on Katherine's arms.

Katherine then pulled away and looked at her. "If you wanted to go to the hospital we should go now"

Spencer sighed and nods her head. "I know. But you don't have to go with"

"I know I want to do, and plus I was probably gonna wait in the car or something so it wouldn't seem suspicious"

Spencer starts to get off of Katherine. "Okay"

Katherine then stood up and wrapped her arms around Spencer and kissed her on head, and then put her shoes back on and waited for Spencer.

Edited: no

{1079}