ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ

Katherine was sitting beside Spencer with her hand on her thigh and gently rubbing her thumb against her thigh and looking at Emily's tablet that has the picture of a note that 'Ian' wrote.

"Is this a suicide note or a confession?"

"I-It's both," Spencer said stuttering a little.

Katherine leaned over and whispered to her. "You good?" she asked with a smirk.

Spencer looked at her. "Shut up" she whispered back.

"Emily, how do you have this?"

"I sent it to her. I took a picture with my phone before we called the cops" Hanna said.

"It's weird, why would Ian kill himself just as he was about to skip town with Melissa?"

"Maybe he realized he was gonna be caught. He couldn't hide forever even with Melissa and Wren's help" Spencer said leaning her head on Katherine's shoulder.

"He was probably desperate"

"Look, who cares why Ian did it? The important thing is, Ali's killer is dead and we're no longer people of interest"

"Yeah, but we could always become person of interest again," Katherine said, and started to move her hand off of Spencer's thigh, but Spencer grabbed her hand and placed her hand back where it was.

"Why am I not feeling relieved right now?"

"Oh, Em, come on. For months we've been about as welcome in this town as a cold sore. And plus, now people know that we've been telling the truth. And Ian is out of our lives for good"

"Yeah, but A isn't," Katherine said looking to Aria.

"Can we please just slay one dragon at a time?" Spencer asked looking at each of them.

When Spencer saw Garrett approach them she reached over and turned the tablet off.

"Hey"

"Hey"

"What are you doing here?" Spencer asked.

"I just came to return some evidence we took from the field hockey office. Hey, um, look, I-I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you all had to be the ones who found him"

"Melissa's the one who found him," Spencer said, picking up her head from Katherine's shoulder.

"I'm sorry. Then again, could have been worse"

"What do you mean?" Aria asked looking over at Garrett.

"Bodies decay. He'd been dead for at least a week. Give my best to your family"

Spencer nods her head. "Yeah"

It was silent for a moment.

"A week? No, that's impossible. He was texting Melissa" Hanna whispered.

Katherine shook her head. "No, he wasn't. I'm pretty sure it was A"

Emily nodded her head in agreement.

"Why would A pretend to be Ian and then lead us there to his body?"

"Does it matter? The guy was a scum, and now he's dead scum. Who cares if A found him first?"

"What does A want?" Emily asked.

"You know what I want? I want to enjoy my life again.... before A finds another way to ruin it"

Katherine sighs and gets up grabbing her stuff and moving her hand from Spencer's thigh.

Katherine was in her room, on her laptop trying to figure out if she could find a way to hack into A's phone without having the phone with her. She really wanted to find out who A is because she really is getting tired of it. When she thought she was close she got kicked out and then got a message.